The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra is gone

4leks

My UK TT is gone to nice chap in France... never thought I gonna sell her but he approached me thru forum asking whether I want to sell her. After 2 weeks I'm still sad and not sure I've done the right thing despite he paid fair money for it & was extremely nice bloke. Seems like all UK TTs are gonna end up in France/Germany now.

Still have my Cayenne TT as family car, sold my 996TT after couple of month ownership (wasn't that different from Cayenne apart handling tbh, that's why) so in position for another car now.

Not in a rush at all, prices for a lot of nice cars dropped a lot so far, nice position to be in.

However would consider another Supe, missing mine a lot but want nice Single now with decent set up. However I need either Auto (not sure I really want Auto single) or Tiptronic (have only heard about 1 tiptronic single turbo)

Are tiptronics so difficult to go single? Mapping issues?

I think the one I've seen been mapped by RyanG...

Edited by 4leks (see edit history)

Tips have the same gearbox as the 'normal' auto, so have the same issues when going single (they are still auto boxes despite the button that sometimes shifts to the gear you want ;) ). It can be done, but it needs a lot of cooling and will not cope with anything T67 or over for any reasonable time. High stall and BL type box would be needed, but you'll lose the tiptronic.

I'm not after anything above T61 or equivalent if I decide to go this route. High end power is not the case, I'm after nice set up "street car"

Don't want to loose tiptronic function tbh, got use to it with Porsches.

I think there are not many single tiptronics in the UK at the mo, might have to check with Jurgen & try to import one

However still concerned with box issues vs single power

I think there are not many single tiptronics in the UK at the mo, might have to check with Jurgen & try to import one

There is a good reason for that, as previously mentioned. In fact, I don't think there are any.

If you want to retain the Tiptronic then keep it BPU and be happy with it. Otherwise you'll need to be speaking to someone willing to make an uprated auto box and standalone ECU work with the Tip, an expensive exercise, but I am sure Ryan.G would be willing to face that challenge ;)