The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meeting members & picking up toys

jevansio

I had a lovely drive out today in the sun down to York to buy some bits for the Supra.

1st I met up with Kev O., who had brought his 4" Sound performance dp/mp setup up to York when he was visiting his girlfriend, many thanks for that Kev, I owe you one :thumbs:

When I got home I was inspecting it and my neigbour looked over the fence and asked what it was, "Your new alarm clock" I chuckled :D

After meeting Kev I headed over to see J_JZA80 where I was picking up a Recaro SPG he was using as a cat bed!!!!!!

Got to have a good look round his car which is a beauty, who ever gets to buy that is going to have a peach of a car.

I got home & stripped the seat straight away, got a new cover set on the way so it should be pretty much as good as new (especially since Jason chucked in a sweet recaro cover for the back which is pretty much brand new :D).

The seat is VERY snug :D, but I fit & I'm losing another couple of stone anyway so it should be a nice comfy fit. The shell itself showed 5kgs on my scales, the covers were approx 1kg. I'm in the process of ordering some lightweight sliding frames which come in at approx 4kgs so I'm hoping to save around 20kgs over my current setup :D

Here's a couple of pics of the bits I picked up (seat fully stripped):

attachment.php?attachmentid=89753&stc=1&d=1237655813

attachment.php?attachmentid=89754&stc=1&d=1237655813

attachment.php?attachmentid=89755&stc=1&d=1237655813

attachment.php?attachmentid=89756&stc=1&d=1237655813

attachment.php?attachmentid=89757&stc=1&d=1237655813

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Interested in your thoughts on the upgrade to 4" dp/mp, i run the same on mine.

Great day for tearing about in the car, plenty of flash motors about today to wipe the floor with:D plenty of videos but none i could post on here:D

I'll do a scientific test, I'll get logs of the 3" setup off the AEM & use my Performance Box to get some 30-130 & BHP figures, then do the same on the 4" when it's fitted.

Will I need Ryan to tweak the map after fitting it?

Sadly I was in the Corsa so there was no tearing about, I saw some cool motors though, loads of Porka's, couple of Astons, some Scoobies doing my head in at one point & I wished soooooo bad I was in the Supra :D

Sadly I was in the Corsa so there was no tearing about, I saw some cool motors though, loads of Porka's, couple of Astons, some Scoobies doing my head in at one point & I wished soooooo bad I was in the Supra :D

You will need the map tweeking.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

You will need the map tweeking.

Naughty boy :D

Glad you're happy Jay.

I seen my first ever Ferrari F430 Scuderia whilst in York. Has anyone ever seen the size of the disks and calipers on these cars. They are huge. Linky

I also seen a Skyline R35 GTR, again a first for me.

Cheers bud, yeah saw one at VMax, awesome sounding things too

I'll do a scientific test, I'll get logs of the 3" setup off the AEM & use my Performance Box to get some 30-130 & BHP figures, then do the same on the 4" when it's fitted.

what system have you got on the back of the 4" dp/mid pipe mate

Interested in your thoughts on the upgrade to 4" dp/mp, i run the same on mine.

Great day for tearing about in the car, plenty of flash motors about today to wipe the floor with:D plenty of videos but none i could post on here:D

Do you fancy sending some of those videos out via email....? :)

Update on the Recaro, I bought a new cover set from a shop on ebay. I fitted them myself this morning. It was quite an easy job TBH, took about an hour, I bought some new velcro and considering this is my 1st time doing a job like this I think it has come out pretty good.

The covers must be a new style, they have the hard wearing patch material on the arse area also & the front has Recaro stitched in & the front cusion splits in 2 at the front.

I only hoovered them before the pics, it's unbelieveable how many tiny white dots they attract :D

Couple of pics for you:

attachment.php?attachmentid=90062&stc=1&d=1238246787

attachment.php?attachmentid=90063&stc=1&d=1238246787

attachment.php?attachmentid=90064&stc=1&d=1238246787

attachment.php?attachmentid=90065&stc=1&d=1238246787

Img_3234.jpg

Img_3235.jpg

Img_3237.jpg

Img_3238.jpg