The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spent the morning T-cutting and polishing the winter grim off the bonnet

DodgyRog

I know there will be loads of these sorts of threads over the weekend, but I am going to post it anyway:p

Spent all morning hand t-cutting and polishing the winter grim of my carbon bonnet.

Should of taken a before pic, but didn't think to do any until I was half way through the t-cut, the far side in the first 2 pics is how it was before any work.

and after the hand polish with about quarter of a bottle of Meguire's NXT Generation Tech Wax, I couldn't believe how much it soaked up.

Was intending to do the whole car, but my arms acheing and a beer in the garden is calling:D

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

b;2317156']Nice, i know how much effort it takes into getting carbon bonnets back up to looking nice. Wish mine could have been done with just t-cut! :) keep on top of it with the wax and it should hold its looks a lot better now. :)

Nice work! :thumbs:

The show season is not far off now, so I will keep on top of it.

I love driving it every day, but the elbow grease has to be put in:cool:

Awwwwwww yes i remember now! for the life of me i cant remember how much you out bid me by but it was close.

Car looks mint mate, i will be copying the trd carbon spoiler and the bonnet idea

Thanks Raven:d

All bought 2nd hand through here, what are you going to do about the decals if you get a bonnet thou:innocent:

I think Silver is the only colour that really works well with carbon(waits to be shot down:hunter:)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Thanks Raven:d

All bought 2nd hand through here, what are you going to do about the decals if you get a bonnet thou:innocent:

I think Silver is the only colour that really works well with carbon(waits to be shot down:hunter:)

Leave them on the rest of the car:d

mind pming me how much you paid for said items? so i have a guide?

Leave them on the rest of the car:d

mind pming me how much you paid for said items? so i have a guide?

Will do, give me a minute, I will have to have a quick look at a couple of old threads

Fantasic effort, looks like glass now :thumbs:

Thanks, unfortunately won't stay that way for more than a couple of weeks, but no t-cut, just polish for the rest of the summer.

I didn't get those seats of ebay, I pm'ed you about, they went for £315 and I agreed with the misses not to go over £300:(

Will do, give me a minute, I will have to have a quick look at a couple of old threads

Thanks, unfortunately won't stay that way for more than a couple of weeks, but no t-cut, just polish for the rest of the summer.

I didn't get those seats of ebay, I pm'ed you about, they went for £315 and I agreed with the misses not to go over £300:(

Not to worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty more over the coming months :)