The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of buying a supra ! Help !!

Guest antsav

Guest antsav

Ok so i'm new here...But i've always loved the look of the Supra...i'm sure you get this question all the time but here goes anyway...Should i buy one ? if so which model ? Turbo or non Turbo...manual or Auto ? i currently drive an Audi A4 TDI so don't want anything too thirsty..but still don't want to scrimp on performance..i wil only have about £3500 to 4k available as this is all my Audi will fetch, Insurance shouldn't be an issue as im 50 ! so what do you reckon guys ? and girls ! ?:)

Ok so i'm new here...But i've always loved the look of the Supra...i'm sure you get this question all the time but here goes anyway...Should i buy one ? if so which model ? Turbo or non Turbo...manual or Auto ? i currently drive an Audi A4 TDI so don't want anything too thirsty..but still don't want to scrimp on performance..i wil only have about £3500 to 4k available as this is all my Audi will fetch, Insurance shouldn't be an issue as im 50 ! so what do you reckon guys ? and girls ! ?:)

you will be looking at an n/a in your price range, manual for driving, or auto for easy cruising:D your price range will not get you a tt i am afraid

Neither NA or TT is particularly economical. Combined driving you're probably looking at 20-24mpg in a TT (based on my experience) and probably a bit more in an NA (although I don't think it's massively better).

My 8 mile journeys to and from work in a TT auto get me about 14mpg but that's because of traffic and short distance.

Performance wise, an NA should get you 0-60 in around 6.5s and a TT in about 5s. I don't think there are definitive figures but they seem to be generally accepted as being about right (I think).

4k should get you a nice NA :)

Welcome along, by the way :)

definately look for a N/A manual that way when money comes round you could always do a N/A-T swap :)

At large expense and reduced reliability, not to mention costing a fair bit to do correctly (something which he doesn't seem to have are particularly 'deep pockets').

I'd recommend getting a tidy n/a manual and sticking with it OR if you really want a TT...save up some more cash ;)

I have been offered this one in a deal...what do you think ? i know its not a manual which i would prefer but i'm tempted. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/826336.htm

I would say that is overpriced for a 94 NA auto......;)

My friend picked up a 96 facelift manual for £4100.....;) Have a bit of patience and look for a really tidy car and then bargain on the price..!!

H.

Take a look on the classified section of the club, thats where I found mine. Generally speaking they're better looked after and probably a more honest ad. For 4k you will be looking at a decent TT auto if you're patient and prepared to travel to look at a few cars. I'd reccomend looking for a facelift 6spd NA, you should be able to get a mint one within you're budget. :)