The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice ali block Chevy for sale on racecarsdirect

Chris Wilson

Nothing to do with me (save it looks almost the twin brother of an engine I built for a TVR some years ago, but I don't THINK it's the same unit....). Reputable seller, this thing would be awesome in a MKIV shell or a RWD Skyline. No idea how much he's looking for, but for someone with a decent budget it could be the makings of a beastie.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/23596/CHEVY_SMALL_BLOCK_74_ALL_ALLY.html

Is that a v8 what will it rev to and will it need an air flow meter to

yes V8, not sure what series engine but it will be between 6500 -7000 rpm, but there would not be much point pushing it that hard as peak power and torque will be a lot lower than than, as for the air flow meter :rlol: its an old skool carburettor so it doesn't need an ecu

Guest argy911
yes V8, not sure what series engine but it will be between 6500 -7000 rpm, but there would not be much point pushing it that hard as peak power and torque will be a lot lower than than, as for the air flow meter :rlol: its an old skool carburettor so it doesn't need an ecu

ok so its a carburator :eyebrows: Is it like a supra where you have to let it warm up before you give it some :search:

Looks like a beast. Is this an LS series engine?

s'wot i was thinking, sounds like it could be a stroked LS7, but that would be a shocking waste to take all the injection off and replace it with that stinking old 1950's stylee carb, pretty cr*p advert really to not say which engine it is

s'wot i was thinking, sounds like it could be a stroked LS7, but that would be a shocking waste to take all the injection off and replace it with that stinking old 1950's stylee carb, pretty cr*p advert really to not say which engine it is

Looks like an older generation maybe even before an LS1 defo not an LS7