The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crail today - Ferrari killer

Grazer

New best 1/4 mile time at Crail today

ET 13.14

60ft 2.18

TV 106.6

Got really excited and thought I had a 12.8 until I realised that Crail do not include RT in the ET anymore!

I managed to fend off a Ferrari 355, GTO and Soarer.

Pics and vids to follow, including quality footage of Ferrari ownership :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Getrag

You have to tell the story of beating the 355, its so much more sweeter than that....

Do I have to tell my Ferrari story again - oh well, gather round kids.

Having beaten everyone at Crail one fine Sunday, I was the most elated of by-standers to witness the arrival of a beautiful Ferrari 360 Modena. At last, some real competition had arrived.

As they made their way towards the drag strip I lay in wait, ready to take the well deserved spot next to them on the line. A wave of anticipation swept through the crowd as the tannoy crackled into action:

"Next on the strip - today's fastest car, the twin turbo Toyota Supra, goes head-to-head with the Ferrari 360"

But wait, what's this? The passenger has gone to the announcer to pass on a message. This time the tannoy delivers sad news:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed that for insurance purposes, the Ferrari has to run alone"

When she put in a 16s run and a 14s run I was gutted. I wouldn't beat a Ferrari today.

Or would I.

Just as the day was nearing an end and all competition had been dealt with, from over the horizon comes another galloping stallion.

This time the chaps in the Ferrari 355 look ready for action. Baseball cap to the fore he directed his Italian machine towards the drag strip.

Again, I was waiting for them. As I signalled to the Pininfarina devotees that I would like a race, their reaction was devastating....

...they pointed and laughed.

I smiled coolly, knowing that their time was to come very shortly. This time the crowd positively swelled with anticipation as the announcement came:

"It's the race of the day. Twin turbo Supra against the Ferrari 355 which is cleared for racing"

As we sat on the line the high-pitched Italian whine mingled beautifully with the rasping growl of precision Japanese tuning.

Time stood still as everything except the staging lights faded away.

Then the lights turned to green. It was a clean start with minimal slip and the Supra lurched away from the line. As I glanced to the side I could see it had been a poor start from the Ferrari and I had a considerable lead. As I moved into second I began to relax - until I heard that powerful whine crescendo behind my left ear. I nailed the change into third and floored the accelerator, willing the Supra on with everything I had. As we approached the line I glanced over to see...

...nothing. The Ferrari was trailing at least a car's length behind.

That, perhaps, will be the last time they point and laugh at a Supra.

:D :D :D

Nice one Grazer! That'll teach em to laugh at the might of the Supra :thumbs:

Must say though, I'd say you got a 12.8 - don't think RT is included in ET anywhere else, hence Crail went back to that.

Congratulations!