The mkiv Supra Owners Club

substitute for RR

trinitom

It's been done before, but is an expensive and ultimately worthless modification. BPu with a proper restrictor is the way to do things.

Why do you keep trying to do things different to the way 99% of supra owners have done BPU in a tried and tested manner? Just sort the fucking restrictor ring out and get do whats already been suggested to you. Many, many times.

I'm seriously pissed off that you are now ignoring all the advice I tried to provide you, it took a lot of time (and patience) to help you in the last thread, now it seems you didn't take on board a word of that.

---------I'm seriously pissed off that you are now ignoring all the advice I tried to provide you, it took a lot of time (and patience) to help you in the last thread, now it seems you didn't take on board a word of that.

Basic Performance Upgrade

The BPU upgrades allow the engine to produce more power by raising the boost pressure the turbos produce. --------

I’m not ignoring what you say!!

this is only one idea, instead people trying different sizes will by nice have something like this, you will not need get under the car 2/3 times to get the one right for your setting!

i believe not everyone are mechanical inclined to remove cats/decats, and then have to pay to get things sorted!

it was just one idea to save money and time! just that!

I’m not ignoring what you say!!

this is only one idea, instead people trying different sizes will by nice have something like this, you will not need get under the car 2/3 times to get the one right for your setting!

i believe not everyone are mechanical inclined to remove cats/decats, and then have to pay to get things sorted!

it was just one idea to save money and time! just that!

1) Your setup is wrong, as mentioned in the previous thread, correct it and report back.

2) Paying your local exhaust place a tenner to swap cat pipes is not expensive.

3) As mentioned by Wez, singles and other high end aftermarket turbo installtions don't need a restriction since they have an external wastegate which can control boost correctly.

4) BPU in the way I explained has been done in the UK hundreds, likely thousands of times. It's tried and tested and works. Just do what I said before and it WILL be fine unless you bugger something up by messing with other items.

I can tell you from experience that what you have made a pic of is the same design as the Apexi exhaust valve, a device for quietening the level of noise from the exhaust, and i can tell you categorically that its not possible to effectively control boost with any accuracy, believe me as i have one fitted.

Both when i was BPU and now single.

De-cat exhaust , FIT restrictor ring, FIT boost controller, FIT boost gauge, PUT on rolling road check all is well.

:yeahthat:

the restrictor ring is just to stop you overboosting and spitting the turbos out of the exhaust am i not correct? (i dont have one as i have a uk spec). So you fit one, See what you boost to. Then if its not enough you fit a boost controller to raise it.

Its not brain science.

I'm thinking seriously in do something like this! :rolleyes:

is anyone tried to do anything like this?

it would help control boost in cold weather, and save time and work to replace it!

what you guys think? :eyebrows:

Could you tell me wtf your talking about as I have absolutely no idea what the picture represents and what is a RR that you want to substitute it with?:search:

He's on about ignoring the very straightforward, tried & tested methods of controlling boost with a RESTRICTOR RING, used successfully for donkeys years and trying to use what appears to be a butterfly valve (like the Apexi ACV) to control the size of the aperture.

There's another thread somewhere of Homer and others repeating the same advice for a good 3 pages.

He's on about ignoring the very straightforward, tried & tested methods of controlling boost with a RESTRICTOR RING, used successfully for donkeys years and trying to use what appears to be a butterfly valve (like the Apexi ACV) to control the size of the aperture.

There's another thread somewhere of Homer and others repeating the same advice for a good 3 pages.

:thanks: for the explaination as I really had no clue what was being talked about but now I understand that his suggestion is just a :badidea: