The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another tyre thread..

fizzle

Guest Budz86

Don't go for budget tyres! Supe's are not famous for their handling in the first place, your tyres are the only thing that connects your car to the road.

It does depend what you want out of your tyres though, the bigger the profile, the more comfortable they will be. The smaller the profile, the less flex in the sidewall, and should be better handling to a point. Also, if you have 19's there won't be as much room in the arches so I'd say 35's are max, 30's probably better though.

HTH

Dean

made a few calls falkens seems to be around 115 fitted, but they also recommending kuhmo, avon and marshalls.. doesnt seem to be any 235/30/19's just 35's.

any of these any good? have massive marshalls on my hilux, but not really much to go by...

really know f00k all about tyres so all help a bonus... the only other option is part worns continentals,pirrelli etc...

made a few calls falkens seems to be around 115 fitted, but they also recommending kuhmo, avon and marshalls.. doesnt seem to be any 235/30/19's just 35's.

any of these any good? have massive marshalls on my hilux, but not really much to go by...

really know f00k all about tyres so all help a bonus... the only other option is part worns continentals,pirrelli etc...

My TT had Kuhmo's on the rear when I bought it and they were shockingly bad. Got Bridgestone Potenza RE0-50's on now and it grips sooooo much better.

thanks for the advice guys had a bit of a result...

rang my dad to ask him and he sent me to his m8 who sorted me a pair of brindgestone potenzas straight off a brand new bmw for £100, still has nobbly bits :D turns out he just sold his supra was all to happy to do them..

he also has a set of 17 3piece splits (think veilside) lying in his garage if anyones interested? will post up in for sale bit...