The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annual Boxhill Jap Car meet - Surrey - Sat 2nd May 2009

Guest Olly P

Guest Olly P

Hi Guys,

I'm from the MR2oc and wanted to let you guys know that we're getting the ball rolling on this year's annual Boxhill meet. Would be could if you could bring your beasts along!

There's a thread over on MR2oc:

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/p=1166783.html#1166783

But here's the info from that thread:

Previous years have been a huge success, particularly in 2007 with almost 100 jap cars.

This normally takes place in Feb, but due to a poor showing last year, it was hinted at moving this to a warmer month. So let's say the 2nd May (Sat).

Probably best to do it Saturday as the car park is most popular with the bikers on the Sunday.

Need to get there before 10am otherwise the place gets packed out quickly.

Some info:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source=ig&hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=box+hill+surrey&fb=1&split=1&gl=uk&ei=edW5SY3aJZiD-AbIrtTaBA&cd=1&sll=51.268144,-0.338149&sspn=0.284237,0.309846&ll=51.255261,-0.321468&spn=0.004042,0.011373&t=h&z=17

It's the car park (also known as Ryker's) at the junction of the B2209 and the A24 (Burford Bridge Roundabout). You can also search for the Burford Bridge Hotel. Sat nav is post code RH5 6BX (for the hotel).

Some pics from previous years:

Edited by lui
More pics (see edit history)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great meet this is as said above place was rammed in 2007 they needed to open the flood car park on the grass to take amount of cars that turned up & nice to see my Supra in photo above ;)

Nothing happened last year good to see it coming back this year round will keep close look on this & is this 100% confimed ??? Sat 2nd May 09

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Guest Olly P
is this 100% confimed ??? Sat 2nd May 09

Yes, it's 100%.

It was originally down for the 25th April, but it clashed with another event on the MR2oc, so it was moved to the 2nd May, and names are already flooding in for it, so it won't change from that date.

Boxhill 2007 meet was great turnout / convoy there & supra Fairmile pub lunch after event excellent day out

yep.. as above, was a really good day..

should be up for this again..

Sure some of us convoyed from clacketts last time..

will check diary and stick name on list..

Will also start a convoy thread if there is interest from people heading from that direction.

Boxhill has always been great. I would have come to this if I hadnt already booked a family weekend away in Great Yarmouth. Perhaps another one later in the year would be good.

The best parts of these meets have always been the convoy down from Mimms. Always amusing.

Boxhill has always been great. I would have come to this if I hadnt already booked a family weekend away in Great Yarmouth. Perhaps another one later in the year would be good.

The best parts of these meets have always been the convoy down from Mimms. Always amusing.

Sorry you cannot make it Jb & South Mimms M25 will be my main convoy meet point will sort out times & update over weekend have to be early though around latest wanna leave South Mimms is 8.15 to get to Boxhill for around 9am to get best parking spots ;)

Bump on this great meet add name to list if coming along :)

This will be a big Jap car turn out !!!

Going to tie this in with May's monthly Fairmile Supra pub meet too like we all done in 2007 as most who attend this will be coming to Boxhill first then big Convoy down to Fairmile ;)

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Guest GirlRacer!

Sounds great - the 2007 meet (specially the convoy!!) was loads of fun!!

But I have to work all day :( Fingers crossed for another one later in the year!