The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there any issue with me painting these bits black?

Scott

As above, i want to have as much of my engine bay black as i can. I realise that the piping is to direct air to the intercooler to cool it down but do they need to be silver and do they need to dissipate heat? The box i'm pretty sure i'm ok with, as stock is black anyway, and i can't see any issue with the dump valve but thought while i was asking i might as well put everything forward.

In my opinion i think it will be fine but i just wanted to ask so that i could get an informed opinion.

Edit.jpg

If they are ally, which im sure the arc box is i would anodise them. it will last a long time and be much less prone to scratching and getting swirl marked than paint.

Is that something i can do though? I'm just looking to do it in work :)

The intercooler pipes are steel, the arc box is ally though.

Is that something i can do though? I'm just looking to do it in work :)

The intercooler pipes are steel, the arc box is ally though.

Im afraid it isn't something that can be done in work not unless they have an anodising facility :D

The other alternative is powdercoating, again more durable than painting. thats what i did with all my pipework and intake / tb.

This would also need to be given to a company to do.