The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best oil/servicing parts on the market?

jazz1

Ok i want to service my car, so please recommend the best on the market oil for my j-spec tt 1996 facelift supra. I also want the best oil filter.

Heres what i need so please reccommed the best stuff only

breake fluid

oil filter

oil

fuel filter

anti freeze

spark plug, got already

air filter, got already

what else would i need, car has only 16,000 miles was serviced over a year ago but i want to service it again:)

brake fluid - any dot 5.1 stuff really

oil filter - Toyota OEM

oil - I use Mobil 10/40 but I used Toyotas own 10/40 on my last oil change and it seems to like that too :)

fuel filter - Toyota OEM

Anti-Freeze - Toyota redstuff - think its called longlife...

Id also recommended changing your power steering fluid and your rear diff oil too

You could put fresh brake pads on the car and inspect the discs while your at it as well?

brake fluid - any dot 5.1 stuff really

oil filter - Toyota OEM

oil - I use Mobil 10/40 but I used Toyotas own 10/40 on my last oil change and it seems to like that too :)

fuel filter - Toyota OEM

Anti-Freeze - Toyota redstuff - think its called longlife...

Id also recommended changing your power steering fluid and your rear diff oil too

You could put fresh brake pads on the car and inspect the discs while your at it as well?

disks and pads are changed recently, wheres the best place to purchase the above toyota, is there any other better oil than toyota. Also power steering and rear diff again would toyota stuff do?

Just go to your local toyota dealer with your reg number and possibly chasis number and they will get all the above for you :)

I used halfrauds power steering fluid to the correct spec in the FAQ section and its been absolutely fine. I used Millers diff oil to the correct spec as in the FAQ section and again has been fine for the last 3 odd years. I believe toyota can get these fluids too.

Check the FAQ section for recommendations on the best brands of oil - I just use Mobil 10/40 semi or the Toyota 10/40 because its readily available to me at local Halfrauds and toyota dealer.

Silkolene oil. Synthetic.

AP brake fluid. 5.1

Anti freeze ???? The coolant isn't just water and doesn't need it.

The filters. Oil filter should be changed every time the oil's changed. Since we change oil every 4.5 - 5 k miles or 6 months it doesn't really matter.

Unsure of fuel filter. I went with a generic supplied by Opie.

I just ask the guys at Opie. Can't fault the service, product or price.

Tell the guys you've only got 16k on the clock as your engine isn't even run in yet and different oil may be necessary. :)

Silkolene oil. Synthetic.

AP brake fluid. 5.1

Anti freeze ???? The coolant isn't just water and doesn't need it.

The filters. Oil filter should be changed every time the oil's changed. Since we change oil every 4.5 - 5 k miles or 6 months it doesn't really matter.

Unsure of fuel filter. I went with a generic supplied by Opie.

I just ask the guys at Opie. Can't fault the service, product or price.

Tell the guys you've only got 16k on the clock as your engine isn't even run in yet and different oil may be necessary. :)

Silkolene oil. Synthetic

do i just mention that? any link to the website and is this the best you can buy, money is not a option

That's the fella. Do a search to find out just how much he knows. ;)

Do check with him re your mileage.

I remember ordering every fluid, diff, tranny and steering inc. coming to about £120. Money well spent. :)

ok il call him cheers guys:)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=177830&highlight=oil

what about this trader man who sells oil?

As in opie? Thats who he mentioned lol.

I went with....

Silkolene Pro S 10W-50 Synthetic 6 litres

Amsoil Synthetic ATF Fluid (for 6 spd box) 2 litres

Silkolene Silktran Syn5 75W-90 Diff Oil 2 litres

Motul Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid 2 litres

Castrol TQ ATF Dextron III Power Steering Fluid 1 Litre

I just used a blueprint oil filter, if you want to be picky you can get a TRD one.

Grand total was £140 delivered

• 3 weeks later...