The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Customs Crap

Soonto_HAS_soop

DHL did exactly the same with me. Thing is they never even said what it was! I just got an invoice in the post for "Services rendered" (or something equally oblivious like a DHL internal reference number), to which I thought "Dustbin. I've never done business with DHL and am certainly not about to send them a cheque." A repeat invoice came, then a demand / warning also stating that my account credit privelidges had been withdrawn. I phoned up to say get fucked, re-imburse me for this call and stop sending me unsolicited mail and they explained that it was the import duty/VAT on a DLT unit I'd bought from the states a few months ago.

Less than impressed, I gave my card details.

hah tell me about it! I cleared my backlog of five un-filed, unpaid quarterly returns by November last year. They were actually quite leniant towards setting up an agreement. I'm now in the process of deregistering myself and have registered a new vat number for a ltd co. sort of like a clean start.

last time i paid duty they charged me duty and vat even on the cost of the postage, part was $1000 and postage was $120 so they charged me on $1120. i explained to woman on fed ex she said she will take off the duty on the $120. then a couple of weeks got a letter to say that i owed them £22 in outstanding duty????

explained to them but they did not want to know.

there are ways to save money. the dollar rate is very good to be buying stuff. who wants to buy things from rip off britain.

its like when everybody was going to france on booze trips because they fed up getting ripped off in britain

Originally posted by paul_y3k

well i used DHL and got letter 1 week after, everything seemed pretty clear. all done and dusted now.

Yeah I know what you're saying, but 3 months after the bits turned up!?!?

Surely they are taking the piss slightly, why they don't do what Parcel Force do, which is keep the goods till you pay up.

Ben..

Originally posted by John Packham

Soonto... The Customs can do almost anything they like. They have more power than the police. They can kick your door in at 3am without a warrant... AND they can bill you 3 months later.

So.. you do have to pay.

True, but the bills aren't directly from C & E, they're from the courier.