The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had a 1JzGte fitted by QSD

Jay_vr6

before anyone asks why not a 2jzgte, They didn't have one when i wanted to do the conversion, I've always like the 1jz since my Mk3 supra days and the price was most definitely right!!

http://www.forcerecon.freeola.net/1jzengine.jpg

It is awesome, standard 1jzgte (the revised first edition twin turbo) with fmic. Absolutely smooth and not one problem in the 350 miles I've stuck on her since sat morning. Finally that lsd I have fitted feels like its working now :)

This is so smooth compared to the 2jz and very revvy!

All the guys were extremely helpful and the quality of the work is second to none!

Big thanks to Steve, Jezz and Jamie for all their hard work on the project!

Just need to do some tidying up in the engine bay, my cam covers need a bloody good seeing to, roll on the warm weather :)

Nice conversion, the 1JZ is a much "sweeter" engine than the 2JZ :)

My thoughts exactly. I've driven hundreds of 2jz's, but this shocked the hell out of me when I was testing it. Much smoother throttle response. Revvy little blighter, very pokey.

Ok so what would be the cost of supplying and fitting one of these and the 5 speed box?

Is it more cost affective than doing a straight TT lump to an N/A auto?

Definitely at the moment but as soon as other people get on this bandwagon the prices will no dought go up,

you can pick up mk3 R154 boxes from £150 and the engines around £500+

My thoughts exactly. I've driven hundreds of 2jz's, but this shocked the hell out of me when I was testing it. Much smoother throttle response. Revvy little blighter, very pokey.

any catches eg Sump change required, ecu/loom/fuse box tinkering etc?