The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another snapped wheel stud thread.

little num

Right sprayed my uk wheels black and was changing them over, so far so good, got to the last wheel drivers side rear and what should happen you got it.

Was just about to hit the torque setting and it seemed to go funny, as in kept turning but didnt go tighter so i thought well i might as well carry on turning to see what happens SNAP. :(

So ordered 5 new ones fron toyota and today fitted them, good job really as i inspected the other 4 and guess what thay was also cracking at the start of the tread. :blink:

So now in concerend that my other 15 are old and stratched and could also be ready for a change.

They are only £8 for 5 so im going to change them all next weekend as i dont want to loose a wheel doing 120 round donington lol.

Job wise they are very easy to do so i would recomend checking them and changing if unsure.

I did this the other day, it was the last bolt I was doing and it just kept turning till it snapped, I had the fun of drilling it out of the hub after that, once out it was clear it was a dodgy bolt so I agree with you getting them changed :)

Ta, anyone recomend me a decent ish torque wrench that i would just use for doing the wheel nuts?

Draper are ok and pretty cheap, was £49, now at £22.54 on Amazon.co.uk

model 30537 micrometer adjustment with a range from

22.1 - 154.9 ftlbs