The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which wheels out of these 2 sets , recommendations please !

dicko2011

which one of the 2 sets would you choose !  

32 members have voted

1. 1. which one of the 2 sets would you choose !

hi everyone, well i am looking for a nice set of 18's for my supra . here are 2 links for wheels that i have seen on ebay and would like all your opinions on which you think would look best!

It is a silver uk spec supra by the way and pictures will be getting posted asap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110357938499

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-S-CRUIZE-190-ALLOY-WHEELS-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TYRES_W0QQitemZ140301879844QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item140301879844&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Also has anyone fit these type of wheels to their uk supras cause i am concerned that because of the bigger brakes they may not fit. If they won't would a spacer fitting kit work and what is everyones opinion on using spacers. Thanks in advance .

Rob

I think the cruize wheels for your car dont think the jades would suit a silver car. There a nice wheel but on a dark colour imo. I had 10mm spacers on my old mania vortex wheels and there was no drama but if your buying new wheels mate i would get the proper offset and stay away from the spacers they will wreck your hubs long term use.

Don't do same size all round mate. 8.5 front - 9.5 rear is a normal combi.

For the sake of a hundred quid bud, buy off a trader here. You'll get the right offset and decent service. :)

both these sets are different sizes front and back but the seller states in the auction description next to where it says supra (caution big brakes) so that why i am concerned

Which traders on here are best to speak to then to get what i need ?

I normally prefer the multispoke look but in this case i prefer the Jades. They look amazing on rich's car but as said his are 19s IIRC. With each check that the offset is suitable for UK brakes, I think you might not get them on with these. The 19" version of the jades definately fit.

Maybe drop Rich a pm as I remember you saying you want to be able to drive the car and he's running 600+ bhp. I followed him before now and he certainly drives the car.

the seller states in the auction description next to where it says supra (caution big brakes) so that why i am concerned

Check with the buyer beforehand. The larger brakes that come on the uk specs as standard, do have clearence issues with some alloy wheels.

Hense why members are suggesting buying from one of the traders. They know about supras.