The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota supra chrome dial rings

Paul372

i brought these but cant see how there are going to fit they are way to small, they sit in the the original dash rings. Have any of you guys brought these and have tried fitting them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-CHROME-GAUGE-RINGS-SET-NEW-93-98_W0QQitemZ290302781859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item290302781859&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The "real" ones are the same size as the original "lip" found on the fascia. They should also be con caved all the way around so they they can sit down onto the lip (lip on the fascia sits inside of the ring) and this produces the end result as pictured in the sellers representative pictures. If they seem to small i think its a good guess that they are :

Hopefully the seller will let you send them back then send the correct ones.

there are flat so there no way there are going to sit over like you said and it the picture shown on his advert they need to be con caved all the way round so it can sit over the original, i think i've been sent the wrong ones, this is what the seller has replied back

Hi,

Please give me more details about your supra. Maybe you have a different sizes of gauges in your model. I have sold many of these rings and all were ok.

Could measure what diameter of holes you have in your car, please. Any photo will be much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

I'll manage to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Greg

here are some pictures i think they are aload of rubbish, this is what the seller replied.

Hi Paul,

I know exactly what you mean now. The rings were designed to not cover the original dials. We decided to do them this way because they looked very heavy on the dashboard.