The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my cars worth £20000 in bulgaria

craig l

Had the car to work yesterday the site im on is mostly full of bulgarian welders. Went out at break to find about 20 of them looking at the car. One guy asked how much i payed for it told him £10000, he says in bulgaria it would cost £20000 cars are really expensive, now this was before he knew what model or spec it was. Was funny listening to him translate the bhp and spec etc and the rest ooohing and aahing. Even the german site manager was out asking about it telling me how strict germany is with modified cars. Was amazed the attention it got. Anyway if any bulgarian members would like to confirm or deny that price, ill start looking to see if autotrader has a eastern european edition lol .

I sold my Rev 1 MR2 Turbo to a guy in UK a couple of years ago for £2200 (was the going rate), few months later i got a email from a guy in Sweden asking me questions about my car because he was interested in buying it from a garage over in Sweden, I nearly fell off my perch when he told me how much it was up for sale for:faint:...............£8,500....... He sent me the link to the advert to prove the price.

Infact i think the same guy is on this forum, cant remember his name now though.

You'll find the difference is the tax. In Holland cars are ludicrously priced. Even bags of crap take double what they would here. In Holland its down to the tax. The import duty on cars is simply huge.My old boss wanted to bring his tahoe from the states and they wanted the equivalent of $28000 tax. He didn't even pay that for it brand new stateside and at the time it was nearly 5 years old. The same goes for the scandinavian countries. My mate in Norway sold his mrs crappy old fiesta for about 3 grand a couple of years back.