The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supe MOT, straight through and annoys the misses

DodgyRog

The Supe went through again,

but Jen(Mrs.Dodgy) was a bit annoyed, in her words;

you rag your car around and it goes straight through and I drive my 51 plate Mini around like an old women and it fails on loads of suspension stuff:rolleyes:.

Basically all the front suspension bushes and top and bottom strut mounts needed replacing(done under warranty thankfully)

I just answered with, "it's a toyota, yours is a British built BMW):p

Very true supras are built to put up with a good caneing and still outlast other cars. If shes driving like an old woman why does it need all the suspension parts replacing? I think shes giving it plenty like the italian job!! :D Your only suppose to blow the bloody doors off!......sorry charlie. sorry the original film was just great!

So even with the nur spec exhaust yours went through fine. Thats good to hear, from what i had been reading in the past thought the MOT people were supposed to be comparing our cars with "equivalent sounding" cars, then failing if they seemed louder.

Gtz on the flying colours mot btw :)

Very true supras are built to put up with a good caneing and still outlast other cars. If shes driving like an old woman why does it need all the suspension parts replacing? I think shes giving it plenty like the italian job!! :D

She can be known to give it a bit, but not anything that harsh, although I have been known to give the pipes a clear out now and again:innocent:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

b;2309679']So even with the nur spec exhaust yours went through fine. Thats good to hear, from what i had been reading in the past thought the MOT people were supposed to be comparing our cars with "equivalent sounding" cars, then failing if they seemed louder.

Gtz on the flying colours mot btw :)

The exhaust is a Nur spec S, so just the back box with original centre pipes, but it is running with 2nd de-cat.

It is a reasonable volume and cleared the emissions easily.

To be honest my Mot place is pretty good and even corrected my headlight elignment so he didn't have to fail it, so would be surprised if he pulled it up on volume, as it is not excessive:)

The exhaust is a Nur spec S, so just the back box with original centre pipes, but it is running with 2nd de-cat.

It is a reasonable volume and cleared the emissions easily.

To be honest my Mot place is pretty good and even corrected my headlight elignment so he didn't have to fail it, so would be surprised if he pulled it up on volume, as it is not excessive:)

Nice one Rog happy driving mate.:)