The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wayne is a worried man

supradibbs

Well sat here in China working worring whats wrong with my engine:(

The story

I broke down on the motorway some 6 months back due to the pick up for the crank sensor falling apart on me, the car went to JDP as i was on my way there for a MOT the car was fixed in no time and flew through the MOT.

Shortly after this we attended JAE where Lee P noticed that the belt has sliped backwards of the cam pulleys, i got the car home and booked it into SRD on the way they the idler pulley fell off :( causing me to call the AA out again!!!!!

Lee soon got her back together but soon realised all was not what it should be, we developed a tapping sound coming from the head.

The car ran sweet so decided to stick it on the dyno Ryan confrimed there was a knocking coming from the head but was running fine the car made 600 at only 1.3 bar and the car drove fantastic.

So i have now left the car with Lee to sort the issue, his and my first thoughts were cam shells,after checking the gaps and cam lobes etc no fault can be found.

So now am sat here thinking whats wrong with her am thinking valve but it runs fine no miss fire etc:(

I know the car is safe hands in fact the only person i trust to work on it now just so worried what its gonna cost after laying out 6k on the paint job and new kit the wallet is feeling the pinch.

Lee is working on the car today so hopefully it will be cheap news

Edited by supradibbs (see edit history)