The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Todays the day!!

tony tt

This afternoon i'm getting my de-cats fitted i hope it all goes well and doesnt give any problems. I'm not the luckiest person when it comes to cars so i'm expecting some sort of problem after doing this. Wish me luck hopefully Bpu is in my grasp at last! :)

:(. 2nd decats are all the same fitment. 1st ones are different uk and japs. also put a res.ring in too or you may pop your tubbies ;)
Thanks Keron i have the restrictor ring the 1st de-cat is wrong sorry i did say both. the 1st de-cat is too wide and the holes dont line up at all at the bottom of the turbos.

Thats bad news Tony, Sounds like a uk spec decat. Didn't ryan advertise these as J spec?, If so have a word with him

It did say j spec mate but didnt say whither it was a tt de-cat or n/a i should have asked. Ive pmd him so ill wait and see bud.

It did say j spec mate but didnt say whither it was a tt de-cat or n/a i should have asked. Ive pmd him so ill wait and see bud.

The NA first decat is split into two pipes, they look very different to the TT. Was it an item from ebay? Those are often cheap copies of US downpipes - i.e. UK spec TT and won't fit the jspec.

The NA first decat is split into two pipes, they look very different to the TT. Was it an item from ebay? Those are often cheap copies of US downpipes - i.e. UK spec TT and won't fit the jspec.

No homer i got it from ryan g it said whiffbitz de-cats its just 1 pipe it doesn't split but its too wide the bolts dont line up at the top! Theres a pic in the for sale section mate im not sure what it should look like but the one i have is too fat!!

IIRC those came off a jspec TT so they should fit your car. It might be worth sending Ryan a quick PM to confirm they were off his lastest black car.

It's actually pretty easy to not get the 1st cat to line up, they can be a fiddle. Who's fitting it for you?

Edit - also it doesn't matter whether than are 2.5 or 3 inch pipe diamter, the flange size is what matters.

IIRC those came off a jspec TT so they should fit your car. It might be worth sending Ryan a quick PM to confirm they were off his lastest black car.

It's actually pretty easy to not get the 1st cat to line up, they can be a fiddle. Who's fitting it for you?

I pmd him mate they came off his friends car and hes not sure which one it is. It definitely doesnt line up. where the bolts go in are about an inch out all round the diametre of the de-cat is bigger. The local garage was doing it homer.

I pmd him mate they came off his friends car and hes not sure which one it is. It definitely doesnt line up. where the bolts go in are about an inch out all round the diametre of the de-cat is bigger. The local garage was doing it homer.

Ah, then it's not confirmed it fitted a jspec, so probably is the wrong one. Bugger.