The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brand new Supra owner here saying hi

dicko2011

Hi everyone,

Well i have just purchased my first ever supra TT auto. Its a 1996 uk spec in silver and completely standard. I am looking for some advice on best place to get an exhaust for it and what to go for , price etc and also after a nice set of wheels , either 18's or 19's. Also a clear indicator kit. Can't wait to get it looking how i want. Will post pics as soon as i sort them too !!!

welcome along, be sure to familiarise yourself with the search function of the forums, there is a wealth of information a few clicks away if you need any info etc..

Get some pics up as and when you can and congrats on your buy! :)

Thanks for the welcome, I don't want anything offensively loud but would like a nice sporty tone but am more keen on the performance that can be gained and how best to go about that. as for the exit no real preference i suppose so would but open to suggestion on that one but i would like the pipe to have that burnt tip look. I don't actually get to pick the car up yet, its going to be safely with me on monday so i will get all the pics taken of it then. My aim is to have exhaust, wheels and indicators changed on it by next friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I need to to source best place and best prices for the bits i need. Obviously ebay is getting scoured but if anyone has any other good suggestions on where to look or go to then it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

thanks everyone , well i am picking the car up monday lunchtime now . Its gonna be a 6 hour drive to get there and then on way back up the country i have got the car booked in at an exhaust centre at 3pm to have its new system fitted.

So will have only owned it 2-3 hours before its first mod (not bad eh). Now i just need to find some nice wheels!!!

with it being a uk car you'll need some sort of boost controller to up the boost..........also re the wheels you need to be very careful purchasing them as far more don't fit over the uk spec brake calipers than do..........any wheels you are thinking about i'd post up on here for a second/third opinion over fitment.

engaging 'dad' mode.........personally i'd just enjoy/get used to the car for a few weeks months and then upgrade its performance later........

thanks everyone , well i am picking the car up monday lunchtime now . Its gonna be a 6 hour drive to get there and then on way back up the country i have got the car booked in at an exhaust centre at 3pm to have its new system fitted.

So will have only owned it 2-3 hours before its first mod (not bad eh). Now i just need to find some nice wheels!!!

Make sure you are getting a 3" system. Most companies who make custom exhausts deal with 2" or 2.5". I'm pretty sure you have to ask specifically for anything else.

with it being a uk car you'll need some sort of boost controller to up the boost..........also re the wheels you need to be very careful purchasing them as far more don't fit over the uk spec brake calipers than do..........any wheels you are thinking about i'd post up on here for a second/third opinion over fitment.

engaging 'dad' mode.........personally i'd just enjoy/get used to the car for a few weeks months and then upgrade its performance later........

I've already heard about the big brake thing so i have been asking suppliers that question to make sure and most say they can do a fitting kit if need be so that they fit on , don;t know how this effects the look of them though !

Whats the need for requiring a boost controller to up the boost on a uk car though !!!

Will be defo doing the mods asap though as although i appreciate 'dad' mode I am a very careful driver and am not going to be thrashing about in it like a nutter (my job kinda requires me to have a licence..lol) . I want the subtle mods doing just so that it looks the part mainly. Thanks for the advice though !

Rob