Time and Full Meet Update

Meet/Drive Exeter to Portland Bill Sunday 19th April

List so far

1.:trophy:DodgyRog (Exmouth)Meeting at Exeter

2.Wile:salute:(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)PLYMOUTH

3.patrikbrunt(meeting us at Exeter) SEATON

4.barneybrendan(if car is running:rolleyes:)PLYMOUTH

5.Fearless(with RAC cover;))SOUTHBOUND M5

6.L33(hoping to show off his single:eyebrows:)West bound A303/A30!!

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties:taped:)ST.AUSTELL

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet:search:) DAWLISH

9.Blackie (coming to stalk Darren) ILFRACOMBE

10.Karolina (Coming to stalk Blackie)ILFRACOMBE

11.T-i-g-g-e-r (bouncing along) FALMOUTH

12. OhGod NEWTON ABBOT AREA

13. Natsupratt+themuttsnuts71 BIDEFORD

14.dangerous(Dorset) meeting us at Exeter

15.madmike (Somerset Yeovil area)Meeting at Exeter

We need to leave Exeter services (postcode for satnav EX2 7HF) by 9:30am,

I am going to be there from 8:45am and would like everyone to be there by 9:15 at the latest.

I will print off some maps of the complete route and have a couple of layby's in mind if we get split up, which I will mark on the maps.

As far as I can see everyone on this list is meeting at the services, except for patrikbrunt who is meeting us in Seaton,

so for the mini convoys to the services i have marked the area people are coming from, so can you contact each other to arrange this between you:)

Patrikbrunt I am estimating we will be with you around 10:30, I can call you when we are a certain time from you if it helps and this looks like a good place to meet,

if this is not any good can you come up with somewhere and Pm me, cheers.

At this point can I ask for peoples mobile numbers by Pm, so we can contact any missing/lost/no shows ;) Ta

Then from Seaton we will be stopping next at Bridport (awaiting definates from members up there:innocent: otherwise we won't bother stopping here)

I would estimate being in this lorry/coach park by around 11:15

again any local members with a better meeting place let me know via Pm please.

From there we will be heading down the the coast road through Abbotsbury, which brings us in the back way to Weymouth and straight out to Portland for lunch.

There is a large outdoor area and play area at the Pulpitt DT5 2JT.

The return jouney I am a stumped on to be honest, so pretty much the same route back without the detours for the scenic route, unless someone has any ideas or we could run back exactly the same route with the scenic bits still in.

Any feedback let me know soon, so we have chance to come up with some thing:search:

Edited by DodgyRog
speeling was never my strong point (see edit history)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the sort of route I have in mind

according to the router, it's 60 miles from Exeter and will take about 2hours 13 mins

It could be extended slightly to go through Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton, which would make it 70 miles and about 2 hours 34 mins

General thought on either of these please.

I am a bit stuck for the return thou at the moment:blink:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I may well tag along for this, maybe meet everyone somewhere around seaton... otherwise ill be driving to exeter and then back towards where I came from! :)

No problem to meet you around Seaton.

I will post an update with estimated times and get a mobile number as we get closer.

1.:trophy:DodgyRog

2.Wile:salute:

3.patrikbrunt(joining at Seaton)

2.Wile:salute:(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)

4.barneybrendan(if car is running:rolleyes:)

5.Fearless(with RAC cover;))

6.L33(hoping to show off his single:eyebrows:)

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties:taped:)

May I suggest you go to Portland. You go through Weymouth and then up the steep hill on portland to the top and to the otherside.

It has a massive field area (if your bringing kids) where people fly kites etc... There is the lighthouse. Able to look over the sea etc...

A pub that does food, another restaurant as well (if open).... Massive amount of flat parking (pay & display). The pub car park is quite small I have driven my supra loads of times there but the pay and display is massive and is less then a 3 min walk across the field.

Hopefully this is a link to it in google maps with satelite pic. You cant miss the car park and pub :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ndsp=18&hl=en&safe=off&um=1&q=portland+dorset&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=CpK7ScL6BeS1jAfxg_irCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

** edit ** it didnt work. go to the far tip of portland zoom in and you cant miss the car park

May I suggest you go to Portland. You go through Weymouth and then up the steep hill on portland to the top and to the otherside.

It has a massive field area (if your bringing kids) where people fly kites etc... There is the lighthouse. Able to look over the sea etc...

A pub that does food, another restaurant as well (if open).... Massive amount of flat parking (pay & display). The pub car park is quite small I have driven my supra loads of times there but the pay and display is massive and is less then a 3 min walk across the field.

I am planning to go up and have a look tomorrow, so will go out and have a look, thanks for the help;)

The misses used to work around the area, so nows quite a few pubs in the area:blink:

2.Wile:salute:(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)

4.barneybrendan(if car is running:rolleyes:)

5.Fearless(with RAC cover;))

6.L33(hoping to show off his single:eyebrows:)

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties:taped:)

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet:search:)

YES FINALLY POWER STEERING IS SORTED

will be booking the car in tomorrow ,to go interpro.They wanted a couple weeks notice,so i should be ready in plenty of time.all i need to do is get another boot release cable to make another throttle cable.:):)

Thats good to hear mate.

Are you going to get a rolling road figure?

It will interesting to see what gains you get torque or bhp after all the modifications.

It certainly makes the engine bay look a lot less clustered from the last pics I saw.:)

1.DodgyRog

2.Wile(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)

4.barneybrendan(if car is running)

5.Fearless(with RAC cover)

6.L33(hoping to show off his single)

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties)

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet)

9.Blackie (coming to stalk Darren)

1.DodgyRog

2.Wile(trying to keep out of sight of the rossers)

4.barneybrendan(if car is running)

5.Fearless(with RAC cover)

6.L33(hoping to show off his single)

7.Supradan(using old tyres as an excuss for not keeping up through the twisties)

8.supraszr(hopefully bringing the girls on the bonnet)

9.Blackie (coming to stalk Darren)

10.Karolina (Coming to stalk Blackie)

Okay general update on route etc...............

Slight route change after driving it today and a suggestion from Whitesupraboy2.

This route keeps us off the main routes avoiding the stupid traffic into Weymouth, but takes us through a few towns and some stunning coastal scenary.

We will end up right at the end of Portland Bill at The Pulpitt Inn

I have spoken to the owner and he is happy to except our custom, the car park at the pub is fairly flat and there is extra parking around the back, which he has said we can use.

The menu is not the cheapest, but is okay

The only thing I am a bit worried about is while we were there today, it got very busy around 1 o'clock, as in the car park was pretty much full.

So I think we need to leave slightly earlier from Exeter services to make sure we all get parked properly.

So 9:30 at Exeter services(sorry)