The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what bov to use?

trinitom

hi people

i haven't got any bov in my j-spec tt, it was removed by the last owner of the car!

I’m running about 1.0 bar and for what i know it's not very healthy running without one!:(

so I’m looking for something quiet as possible and not to expensive!

any suggestions?

thanks..

Stock one? It's a re-circ one but does the job without making the car sound like a bus.

Also, it'll be fine without one so no need to worry.

are you sure it will be fine?

i read this in the FAQ's:

When you take your foot off the accelerator to change gear or whatever there is suddenly a lot of pressurised air from the turbos that has nowhere to go as the throttle plate is shut. A BOV is a valve that is triggered by the pressure difference in the manifold and gets rid of this excess air. If this didn't happen it would cause the turbos to suddenly stop spinning, which would not only knacker them in short order but mean they had to spin up from a standstill when you got back on the throttle again.

are you sure it will be fine?

As Homer says it'll be fine without one.

The most popular aftermarket BOV is the HKS SSQV, there is a kit specifically to fit the Supra, easy DIY job to install. I have in stock, give me a shout if you would like prices.

I capped mine off about a year ago now. Some people worry about the compressor still producing boost after the throttle has been closed and it having no where to go, but mine has been fine to date. You might get a chattering sound if you dont have a stock intake and panel filter. Mine is slightly muffled becuase of this but some people like it

hi people

i haven't got any bov in my j-spec tt, it was removed by the last owner of the car!

I’m running about 1.0 bar and for what i know it's not very healthy running without one!:(

so I’m looking for something quiet as possible and not to expensive!

any suggestions?

thanks..

are you running BPU ?

As Homer says it'll be fine without one.

The most popular aftermarket BOV is the HKS SSQV, there is a kit specifically to fit the Supra, easy DIY job to install. I have in stock, give me a shout if you would like prices.

Hi Nic, Could you pm a price for one of these please. Do these sound different on Autos and manuals?