The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray .... may change colour

_Shane_

right lads as some of you remember i had a little run in with a post van before xmas, they are paying out now 900 euros to fix the

scrape they put on the car and im putting some money towards that out of my own pocket so i may have a full respray happening in the next few weeks.

Question i have been asking myself lately is whether or not to keep it the same colour (flip) or was going to go down the TS route

and maybe add some TS goodies to the car (at a later stage)

just asking for your opinions etc ( i know i probably do my own thing with it been my car bla bla bla, but said it be nice to have some input / advice )

cheers

shane

Colour choice is always going to be a very personal thing, so you might not agree with some of the feedback ;)

IMO, the flip paint you have now is not nice at all, far too 'look at me'. Have you considered a more modern understated colour such as gunmetal? Panther black? Lambo avalon?

If you want a show car look then how about a candy red or dark blue?

i know the genuine kits from TS are ridiculously expensive and i couldnt justify spending

that much on a kit, did some research into a replica kit and also spoke with my local bodyshop and gave them the heads up and they are up for the job if im game with

changing colour and purchasing the kit. Dunno what to do

mid life crisis for me lads :(

Just summin about that supra i think its MINT. if i got mine looking like that you can be sure i would never drive it again, would lock it away in a museum lol

as the car is now i cant exactly add any exterior mods to it over the colour. If the colour

was to be kept then i would add on a carbon front lip and possible a rear diffuser.

mid life crisis for me lads :(

Just summin about that supra i think its MINT. if i got mine looking like that you can be sure i would never drive it again, would lock it away in a museum lol

as the car is now i cant exactly add any exterior mods to it over the colour. If the colour

was to be kept then i would add on a carbon front lip and possible a rear diffuser.

carbon only looks good on black any other colour makes it looks like its a piece from the scrap yard

The colour is 2 much of a hassle when parking next to other people in carparks etc when its an every day car... Yet you want a TS wide kit which is almost all fibreglass? and makes the car even wider.

Stop being silly Shane. :jester::spank::twak::slap:

Spray it Black, gunmetal, quicksilver or RSP and have done with it and still be practical.

Personaly RSP is VERY nice, much better in life than in photos.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

do ya think so mate ? Might ask the brother to photoshop a front lip on to mine and see

what it looks like. I had big plans on going mad with the engine but i dont think im even

going to do that now. Reason i was thinking of changing the colour was in case if anything

happens to the car down the road i can get it sorted pretty much there and then without getting a whole side of the car resprayed etc

@ guigsy . mate if i was spraying it a solid colour i would go for a gold. kinda regretting buying the car now (with it been flip painted) as its hard to let go (if i do)

I know alot of you guys have been on the supra scene alot longer then me and i do respect your views and inputs. The TS kit is 50mm (iirc) extra wide on each side

Theres no way its 50mm each side, more like 100mm each side, I have a picture on my other pc from the rear of our cars next to eachother. its quite a lot wider.

i know a guy with one. The thing is huge. Also spent a fortune getting it done and lost the guy who was doing it (a family member i think) his job at work as he was doing it on the cheep and spending hours and hours on it. I still didnt think much of it when it was done.

Colour choice is always going to be a very personal thing, so you might not agree with some of the feedback ;)

IMO, the flip paint you have now is not nice at all, far too 'look at me'. Have you considered a more modern understated colour such as gunmetal? Panther black? Lambo avalon?

If you want a show car look then how about a candy red or dark blue?

I agree with this.

And Shane, try not to do the Gold Supra on steroids thing ;)

Having said all that, I guess you're going to do what you're going to do, so lets see those pics when you've decided and you've had the work done :)

can ya send a few pics my way mate if you find them.

I was reading on the TS site about the kit and it said that it would widen the car on either side by roughly 50mm , i was then saying to myself that thats not that big as 50mm is like the size of a boost gauge i had sitting in front of me at the time i was reading this.

not the best pic in the world as its more behind his than my old one. looks more than 50mm to me. Maybe because the kit has more of a "shoulder" on it if you know what i mean by the time the line of the body gets to the bottom of the car it might only be 50mm and its deceptive. still looks very impractial to me :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=89268&stc=1&d=1236819122

attachment.php?attachmentid=89269&stc=1&d=1236819444

DSC00075.jpg

JMMEET6047.jpg

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)