The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend tyre pressures?

nickball75

Before you get slated for not using search;):

Toyota reccommend 36 all around but each indivdual person uses a slightly differant setting. I personally go 35 front and 34 at the rear. Some 34 all round. Just experiment, but I doubt many people drop below 34. Most prefer to have slightly less at the rear.

I actually did mine today. The car felt really bumpy. The tyre pressurs were everywhere, 32 at the front drivers side, 35 the other side and both rears 34. The ride and cornering felt an awful lot better once I had the tyre pressures back to my liking:)

Trying to find a thread posted recently, Tyre Worx :search: I think, posted about dropping pressures to find out the different handling and wear characteristics. He went down to 28 psi etc. and cured centre area wear.

Best way is to measure depth of tread across the tyres at different pressures. Settle on the most even wear. :)

Trying to find a thread posted recently, Tyre Worx :search: I think, posted about dropping pressures to find out the different handling and wear characteristics. He went down to 28 psi etc. and cured centre area wear.

Best way is to measure depth of tread across the tyres at different pressures. Settle on the most even wear. :)

Surely this is dependant on your geometry and suspension setup.

For example a track biased motor will be setup to ride flat through the corner to give maximum contact patch and grip which will chew the inner tread for normal driving.

Surely this is dependant on your geometry and suspension setup.

For example a track biased motor will be setup to ride flat through the corner to give maximum contact patch and grip which will chew the inner tread for normal driving.

It would be Wez. This chap just did some experimentation for us using different pressures all at the same geo settings. He runs / owns his own tyre shop :D It was an interesting read.