The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange noise on boost

Stonkin

Hi,

When i drove home tonight after leaving it parked up for a week, i noticed that when joining a motorway the car wasnt making the usual bov noise or the 'de de de' noise when letting off, but i hadnt given it full throttle. When i did, but only briefly as i thought some thing felt up, it felt a little sluggish and still made no noises when letting off.

I tried again with 3/4 power and when the boost controller reached about 0.7 it sounded like the turbo made a 'fog horn' type noise. Cant really describe it any other way.

I took it easier for the last 5 miles home keeping it off boost. Any ideas what could be wrong? Would it be turbo related or perhaps just a boost leak somewhere?

Cheers

Im just about to order some replacement hose (sadly Jamie's didnt fit) can anyone please advise what temperature rating i will need?

Was going to order from this site http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/materials.php?cat=2977 but they have a few different types.

Pics are on previous page to show which pipe im after, but its the reducer pipe that connects the intercooler pipework to bottom of turbo.

Cheers,

Just placed an order through Dave at Demon Tweeks using the club discount, very helpfull chap and only £11

Thanks to Jamie for his help with this, and also to Charlie (b'have) for his help on the phone earlier. Great club spirit as always :)