The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone heard of this company before?

dcarrter21

If the engine I'd (briefly) had from him under his old trading name had been opened, ever, then I'd be amazed. I don't have a problem with that, as i'd rather have an un-molested engine, but it called all else into doubt too.

I found out the 'under 30k km' part was bollocks after phoning SMR directly to confirm it. The engine itself didn't look too bad, but you're meant to be getting a low-mileage, bare engine, that's supposedly been stripped and re-built. I found that doubtful.

As a caveat; that was about 2 years ago now, so things might be different, but I would check all aspects of what is being claimed before spending money.

I dont understand where it says at the start that they are stripped and examined and any worn parts relaced, then lower down it says they have all had new big ends etc, but not rings, you might think that if they were stripping them and replacing the big ends as a matter of course rather than if they were worn if they are replacing the shells or whatever why not put a set of rings in at the same time, but it says only if worn for rings.

its all rubbish, bare block only, no turbos or ancelliries etc, exchange basis and the dont open anything...a few members have tried to buy these and i know someone who got stung by them. not worth it imo...read the small print

Ironically the small print about it being a bare engine exists because I threatened to take him to court when I was sent a bare engine, which was not as shown on the photo, or mentioned in his advert. Added to the unverifyable mileage claims and the obvious lack of stripping leads me to think I had a lucky escape.