The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruize Alloys

Guest willismaximus

Guest willismaximus

Been tinkering round on Flea-bay on my break :innocent: and i came across some rather tasty looking wheels that seemed pretty cheap all things considered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-KATANA-ALLOY-WHEELS-ONLY-FIT-TOYOTA-SUPRA_W0QQitemZ350176006441QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item350176006441&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Anybody ever had a set of Cruize Alloys or even heard anything about them before? Just curious as i like the look of them and may start saving my pennies but don't want to end up with some dodgy, inferior grade wheels that will cause an accident,

cheers

Will

I bought wheels when i had the merc from this company. The wheels i bought looked virtually identical but with different badges. The wheels looked nice when new but after only 2 monthes started to corrode really badly. Came with the worst tyres i have ever had the pleasure of trying. Had to change them straight away. I would avoid if i were you. PM me for more info. :)

Guest willismaximus

Cheers fella, think that pretty much makes my mind up regarding those then :(

Least i didn't have to find out the hard way. Can't believe some of the prices for wheels on flea-bay at the moment, can't say as i've ever bought anything or even set up a paypal account like but i have to admit i was feeling a little tempted to after seeing some of the prices.....

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-ALLOY-WHEELS-TOYOTA-SOARER-SUPRA-SOARER-GT_W0QQitemZ110354159937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item110354159937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

the quality of tyres will be an issue again unless you pay the extra for Avons taking your overall price upto £769 + £30 postage........ course, at £799 they're not quite the bargain you originally take them for but still not too extortionate i suppose

I've got a set on my car and I'm very pleased with them - so far.

I put them on around four months ago and they still look good - apart from wanting a good wash. I went for the Avon tyre option, which seem ok.

I bought them from the same company as in the link. The company was ok apart from comms being very slow at times. One wheel arrived with a small dent in it and most of the wheel weights started to fall off, but they replaced the wheel and paid for all the wheels to be re-balanced - so the outcome was good.

The weight of the wheels was only slightly heavier than the OE 17" wheels that they replaced. The build quality seems pretty good to me - although I'm no wheel expert.

I'll keep a good look-out for corrosion though...

Guest willismaximus

That's the sort of thing that worries me with these...... don't fancy them falling apart after a minor ding with a kerb or something (Not that i'm planning on something like that happening of course)

• 11 months later...
I bought wheels when i had the merc from this company. The wheels i bought looked virtually identical but with different badges. The wheels looked nice when new but after only 2 monthes started to corrode really badly...)

I've got a set on my car and I'm very pleased with them - so far.

I put them on around four months ago and they still look good - apart from wanting a good wash...

...I'll keep a good look-out for corrosion though...

Forgot about this thread.

Not that long after posting here, my wheels also started to corrode. Eventually the company took them back and exchanged them for a different brand.

Apart from the corrosion, it turned out that the PCD (Pitch circle diameter) on three of the four wheels were incorrect (three wheels were machined at 112mm as opposed to 114.3mm - as stamped in all wheel castings). Thought it was a bit odd that some wheels were difficult to get on the studs!

Corrosion 1.jpg