The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking good so far

toyotasupra1980

about a week in the bodyshop, my supra everything stripped, paint getting sanded down so she will be ready for her long awaited 1 colour re-spray into super red 3, bodykit should be fitted by the end of the week, hopefully having her back before the end of the week next week so i can take her to SANTA POD.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/2661_1124583073111_1183145486_30421411_6386808_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/2661_1124583113112_1183145486_30421412_8176311_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/2661_1124583153113_1183145486_30421413_7859586_n.jpg

:D:d:d:d

Longest week i have ever had in my life.:blink:

but i have hired a car for 4 days while my mum gone of to portugal for 4 days.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

This the car thats gonna be magazine featured

when its finished, should be ready for her to be in there to have a feature.

was going to have it happen with my FTO but some un expected turn of events happened which stopped it from going in, so i am going to redeem myself with my supra.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

You having more than a bodykit fitted then?

Styling

Jaero 18" Inch Deep Dish Gun Metal Alloys

Full Bomex Body Kit

TRD Bonnet

Carbon fibre Dash

Momo Racing Steering wheel and pedals

Tailor made car mats

DVD and CD system

Blitz Elluminated oil and engine temp gauges

Performance:

Full N/A - TT Conversion Including:

TT Engine

Turbo Rear Diff and Turbo Gear Box.

Greaddy Turbo Intercooler

Greaddy Air Diversion Panel

Hard Pipe Kit

Apexi Power Induction Kit

Apexi AFC Neo

Apexi Turbo Timer

Full XS-Power 3" inch exhaust system 2nd de-cat

HKS Boost Controller

Tien Front and Rear Strut Braces

all of this has already been done to my car, just waiting for the re-spray and bodykit to be fitted,so yep should be enough for a feature plus a hell of a story.:D:D:D

Guest blueangel

Sorry but doesnt sound anything special by the list, which mag you got featuring it "classic cars with old bodykits" or "Its all been done before monthly".

:p;)

Sorry but doesnt sound anything special by the list, which mag you got featuring it "classic cars with old bodykits" or "Its all been done before monthly".

:p;)

Thats kinda what i was try too get at without being so blunt

Not saying it wont be a lovely car just nothing new

Thats kinda what i was try too get at without being so blunt

Not saying it wont be a lovely car just nothing new

No doubt an N/A is a more suitable car to use everyday, but i now have the experience driving both N/A and a TT, not driving like a lunatic the TT is just as good to drive everyday as an N/A, both have the same miles to the gallon untill you boot it about.

Oh i know its going to look awsome but to be honest guy's i dont really care if its been done before, i know its been done before,not after front cover, just after a feature thats all, i am doing it for me because i want to do it, and it deserves to be in there, Banzai Magazine is the magazine i am going for.

If it ends up just what you want, and you can get a magazine feature, then great you will have achieved your goals, and thats what counts:)

IMO magazine features are mostly down to who you know and exposure at the right time and place, plus if a well known body or tuning shop has done the work.

I have sent details and pics of a couple of my cars to magazines, and it resulted in zilch!

and my cars are finished to a pretty high standard, and IMO equal or better some of the stuff they feature, so i no longer bother, would have been nice to get a little credit for all the hard work.

If it ends up just what you want, and you can get a magazine feature, then great you will have achieved your goals, and thats what counts:)

IMO magazine features are mostly down to who you know and exposure at the right time and place, plus if a well known body or tuning shop has done the work.

I have sent details and pics of a couple of my cars to magazines, and it resulted in zilch!

and my cars are finished to a pretty high standard, and IMO equal or better some of the stuff they feature, so i no longer bother, would have been nice to get a little credit for all the hard work.

I will be proud either way if it works out or not, the performance garage i have been going to for 7 years has connections and a good relationship with banzai magazine, so i already have my foot in the door, i just need to kick it open and go in, if that dont work i got the next best thing anyway, this owners club, so its a win win situation.

I wish you luck with it

They do some great shoots and they dont drag on all day which is nice lol

Heres mine from year back,car has changed some what since

Overall it was a great thing to have done and to be honest i just spoke with Joe at the time and asked if he fancied featuring it, so guess right place right time

Anyway heres the feature if you wanted too take a look

http://www.envyperformance.com/pdf/Wayne.pdf

Why ? I fucking love using it every day .

Waiting for turbo to warm up alot as I only do short run's, Waiting at petrol stations for turbo to spit out oil so I can turn engine off, I used to have a Pulsar GTIR and even thou I loved the car I started to get pissed of waiting all the time. Theres a few more reason why I dont want a turbo too. I love the sound of them and the power but I would only get turbo if I had a second car which I cant afford at the moment.

Waiting for turbo to warm up alot as I only do short run's, Waiting at petrol stations for turbo to spit out oil so I can turn engine off, I used to have a Pulsar GTIR and even thou I loved the car I started to get pissed of waiting all the time. Theres a few more reason why I dont want a turbo too. I love the sound of them and the power but I would only get turbo if I had a second car which I cant afford at the moment.

Its no necessary to wait for the turbo to warm up as such, oil gets heated as soon as it reaches it, as for letting it cool, that is only if you have been really giving it some just before you stop, otherwise it will cool to quite reasonable temps after a short off boot trip.

I have a turbo timer in my Supra that has never been used, never killed a turbo due to oil solidifying/contaminating with all the turbo cars i have owned, its just common sense.

just a warning on the wheels mate if there the same ones i have [check my garage] lasted only 6months before the polished rims started to get scabs all on them .:(

Did you ever clean them? mine are just going through there second winter complete with road salt etc (car kept on the road) and mine are fine, you do need to clean them every two to four weeks as they have no lacquer, i have had expensive rims that have been far worse quality alloy.

Did you ever clean them? mine are just going through there second winter complete with road salt etc (car kept on the road) and mine are fine, you do need to clean them every two to four weeks as they have no lacquer, i have had expensive rims that have been far worse quality alloy.

yeah cleaned them rigorously every couple of days put carnuba wax on every week still went bad though maybe i got a duff set