The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soft Suspension

Digger009

I have recently had 19's fitted and am getting rubbing on the rears. I have had a guy come look at it to roll the arches and when he took the wheels off was surprised to see Tein springs and bilstein shocks. I dont know what the standard looks like, but the shocks had toyota on, dunno if thats something that is on due to it being for a toyota or it being standard.

Basically he rolled the arches and said that the problem is more down to the suspension being too low and too soft, but rolling the arches stopped the rear tyres from being chewed off.

Anyone know what I might have on here, as at the mo, I'm not too sure what to do. I am pretty sure theres something wrong with the suspension, but am not too sure. When I pushed down on them, it was far too soft, and after being sat on the stands while the rear got the arches done, when it came back down, stood a good half inch higher til I took it back on the road again.

It seems that it does not have the power or resistance to push itself back up, and from what I've read, the TT Tein springs drop on the rear by 40-45mm, is that right? If its is, surely just swapping them over to something else would work better?

I know very little about the suspension/wheels side of things, so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

There was a bilstein damper specced from the factory for the Supra.

It may be that the dampers are old and need replacing but being 40mm lowered on 19" wheels isn't exactly going to give brilliant clearance.

You could go back to a slightly higher spring which should give the clearance you need.