The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New suspension bushes my thoughts

supradibbs

I recently had Milko supra overhaul my subframes, i had a full R2 bush kit,whiteline sway bars,new diff mounts and new drop links all round.

I drove the car today to get the Geo setup this was just done at ATS so pretty basic setup will be having it done by the place recommend on here very soon.

Bear in mind the whole rear off my car is stripped out no seats etc.

I found bad points

More road noise

Small amounts off vibration through the throttle only every once in a while.

Firmer/harsher ride

Good points

The car feels more solid

corners hard positive etc

No wheel hope

Traction feels much improved

No floating feeling when changing up through the gears at high power

Used to praise my self for every bump in the road even though this setup is firmer it seems too obsorb this much better.

So all in all am very happy i plan to dynomatt the whole boat area and board it out very soon so that should improve the road/exhaust sound no end

Highly recommend this to everyone feels like a new car again

I was going to get a polybush kit for mine when rebuilding. Ive decided to go for new OEM wishbones, and TRD ARB with OEM Links. My car feels quite solid and stable at 100k, comparing to al lot of similar millage'd car's i've driven, don't want it to be too harsh!!!

Anyway, back on subject, good info for some people who's thinking of changing bushes etc! :thumbs:

I drove the car today to get the Geo setup this was just done at ATS so pretty basic setup will be having it done by the place recommend on here very soon.

Wheels in Motion are definitely worth a trip. I bumped into JamieP when I was there yesterday, and got to see his new wheels too. :)

My car feels like a new car too. Totally worth the relatively small fee.

Glad you're happy with your new bushes.

Wheels in Motion are definitely worth a trip. I bumped into JamieP when I was there yesterday, and got to see his new wheels too. :)

I had to get a quick setup down as it felt unsafe, found out after bot front wheels were face slightly to the left lol:d

I had to get a quick setup down as it felt unsafe, found out after bot front wheels were face slightly to the left lol:d

I'd had new suspension put on recently, and when they put it on the machine my wheels were all over the place, especially the off-side rear (it was pointing left, and the camber was really off too). The car already had a vague feeling of understeer on roundabouts etc, but once you get it done properly you'll be amazed at the difference.

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

Nice meeting you and very clean supe you have there.:)

Where about's are wheels in motion? and how much does it cost for the geo setup?. Mine definitely needs sorting this year

Edited by Aero-M (see edit history)

Is that all? Bargain!

Yes, sorry, I forgot to tell you that yesterday! A real bargain for what they actually do. Brilliant really.

It's just a shame there's nothing like it down my way in the Sussex area. Or maybe there is, but its a well kept secret!