The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey there

Guest OZ_TRD

Guest OZ_TRD

Hi, first of all i do not own a supra.

but due to recently watching a few N/A supras advertised and selling for around the 2k - 3k mark for what looks like a real tidy motor for peanuts!

So I'm becoming increasingly intrested in saving for one, :D however insurance seems to be higher for me on a N/A import than a turbo UK spec. :blink:

(i take it toyota never did a N/A supra for the UK :search:)

Just wondering what you guys think? obviously a (decent) twin turbo will sell for more than a N/A but with the insurance being virtually the same price should i save up more for a twin?

i am pretty new to the supra in general so any advice, info etc would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

Guest OZ_TRD

hi chris thanks,

yeah the TT's would more than fill my power-lust than the N/A unit

also wondering what the maintaince cost / running / faults etc, are like in comparison to an N/A??

just trying to balance it all out but i dont have any experience on them. Thanks

I'm led to believe running cost are roughly the same , the TT obviously has more parts that can go wrong but if you buy a well looked after sensibly modified car then it should be pretty fault free ;)

I recomend the search button mate , every question you have and probarly will have has been covered several times :) Worth a trawl through the site before you buy one .

Good luck with it.

Hi mate. Where by are you? I'm near welshpool :rolleyes:

As add says have you ever driven a big powered car before and more importantly rwd? An NA is a great car if you have'nt had one before and should satisfy the power needs. It is cheaper to run an NA compared to the TT but I couldn't say how much exactly.

Insurance wise how old are you if you dont mind me asking? Just because if you below 21 there are a few threads on who other members have used for insurance at that sort of age:)

If you ever got bored of the NA's power their is always the option of a TT conversion in the future which will set you back between £2k-£3k fitted:)

If you use the forums search tool you will be able to find out a lot of info in running costs, best insurers to use, conversions, etc, etc. Basically if you have a question you'll be able to find the answer, and if not, just ask:)

hey n welcome!!

i have a na supra n i LOVE IT , yes twin turbo would be deadly but i have no real desire as of yet,(some day i will when i have lots of money and im not a student)

im enjoyin the power and the nice floating drifts! :D :p and its not TOOO expensive to run! :p

have fun!!

Insurance maybe abit higher than a uk tt but the cost of a nicely looked after uk tt will set you back alot more than an NA.

I was in the same dilema as you but i went for a NA with the ambition of putting a TT engine in for around 2.5k.

But if you can get the money soon or dont mind waiting to save up for a TT then TT is your best shot..............me i was impatient :p