The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thor delimiter - urgent help needed

pezzler

i bought a thor convertor and tsd a couple of weeks ago; i fitted it last weekend using spade connectors, all fitted as per instuctions. i go for a test drive, and i get nothing. i decided to take it all apart and start again, this time soldering and heatshrinking the joints. finished soldering everything back, gone for a test drive, and nothing...again. i took everything apart again to check the circuits for continuity; check the 12v supply, the ground, speed input, speed output, all fine. the only thing that seems suspicious is flow through the pcb from the speed input (green wire), to the speed output (white wire) - basically what i want to know is, if i put a multimeter probe on the board connection of the green wire (speed input), and the other probe on the board connection of the white wire (speed output) should i be getting continuity through the pcb? just trying to eliminate possible faults, and the only thing im thinking at the moment is that its the new convertor itself.

I don't know what you'd see using a multimeter - like Gav says it's a pulsed signal.

Unknow to me until I fitted it, I had a completely blank delimiter sent to me once. I fitted it and nothing worked, refitted it and gave it a proper negative instead of just an earth ground; still nothing. Pete Betts sent me another unit which worked straight away so I sent the non-working one back.