The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front subframe touque settings

supradibbs

• 2 months later...

Just to try and clarify things 100% are the 125Nm bolts all the 17mm ones? and the 200Nm ones the 19mm ones?

Its just that the diagram (to me at least) is not that clear and underneath there seem to be some numerous 19mms bolt heads (flush with the under side of the car and not requiring a deep socket or extension bar) then x2 19mm nut heads way up in the alloy subframe and a few other 17mm nut heads similarly up higher within the subframe (extension and deep socket required)

The only ones ive done up to 200Nm are the bolt heads that rear most and flush with the underside..............is that correct or should some of the others be 200 too?

The only ones ive done up to 200Nm are the bolt heads that rear most and flush with the underside..............is that correct or should some of the others be 200 too?

It's been a long time since last doing this, but it's the set of 2 at the front of the front subframe which have 125NM, the set of 4 at the back of the front subframe are 200NM. Well, thats the way I read it at least!

cheers do you remember doing the nuts that are up within the subframe.............they are nuts on bolts (captive i think) that come down from above and to see them you have to be almost directly underneath them?

IIRC, I did them all from underneath, including the ones up in the frame, the wheels need to be under full weight while torquing up so lowered the front wheels onto some blocks (only enough to get underneath to put as much weight as normal on the car).

ah bollocks thought that only applied to the suspension arms etc! will have to retorque them tomorrow!

Not sure how much difference it makes but have followed this since Mark (ex-Pheonix) told me to do up all bolts under static load. I'd imagine they'll be under-tight rather than over if done up while the subframe is not under load.