The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cant start

beagle

hi every body took car stereo out and unplugged it ,going to put new stereo in this weekend so i put every thing back in place trim wires connections BUT with out the stereo so we could go shopping.

now got in car to go turn key car engine is turning but not firing up, ok before took stereo out now nothing . so do any of the wires back of stereo go to a immobilizer i check all fuses in and out all ok:OK: this stereo is the factory fitted one and my car is a 94 import

I dont think the stereo wires would cause the immobilzer to kick in mate. sounds more like a coincidence to me, unless a Supe boffin can come up with the answer. have you tried testing the battery? might have drained a little during installation

EDIT:

Plus immobilizer wouldn't even begin to start the car it would be completly dead if the immobilizer was active. Which Alarm system do you have? because on my Sigma you can use the box in the glove to check the current battery voltage by reading how many flashes there are

1. is everything replaced? sometimes the car may not start if everything isn't fully in place.

2. may have shorted something in the ignition (but doubt it).

3. it still may have drained your battery, doesn't matter to much if its new. did you disconect the battery on removal of the head unit?