The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help in buying a supra!!

Guest junior

Guest junior

hey people im new to this site, & got abit of a problem :( .for the past 12months ive been very interested in upgrading my car from the mr2 mk2 to a supra. i would seriously love the twin turbo but ive got to be realistic with a £4000 budget. ANYWAY lol, my problem is ive been told that it is better and cheaper to find some one who imports jap cars, is that true?? and where would i find a good dealer.

also ive thought about doing a part ex on my 2006 gsxr 600, is there many places that would do this if any.

thanks alot, any feed back would be good

junior

ANYWAY lol, my problem is ive been told that it is better and cheaper to find some one who imports jap cars, is that true?? and where would i find a good dealer.

better - sometimes ...............cheaper (short term) almost never.

I say short term as a 'cheap' intial purchase can cost you the initial saving (and often a lot more) in a short space of time, so the bit more expensive car can be a better buy........

Saying all this i'd look for the cheaper ebay/autotrader private ads and just be careful and patient and you should pickup a good AND cheap/reasonably priced one.

Your budget will get you a very good NA with ease, it may bag you a ok/nice/satisfactory TT but you need to be more careful that its all fine/together and has no nasty surprises waiting for you.......:)

Guest junior

cheers every1, think ile go for the none turbo for now. just hope i get it all done etc ready for santa pod in july :) . goin get the auto trader l8r but if any1 knows of any1 sellin a none turbo around the 4k mark or that will be @ some point plz let me now.

but ile defo upgrade to the TT for nxt summer. just wonna get another year outta me bike b4 she goes

thanks again

junior

cheers every1, think ile go for the none turbo for now. just hope i get it all done etc ready for santa pod in july :) . goin get the auto trader l8r but if any1 knows of any1 sellin a none turbo around the 4k mark or that will be @ some point plz let me now.

but ile defo upgrade to the TT for nxt summer. just wonna get another year outta me bike b4 she goes

thanks again

junior

No more text speak. Thank you.

thanks again

junior

You go get that auto trader buddy!;)

You should get a nice NA for well under 3k and keep the extra 1k+ to make it your own. If I were you and had definate plans for a TT next summer I would spend 2-2.5k on a nice NA and spend the extra on mods you could carry over to the TT next year like some nice recaro seats or a set of rims. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Guest junior
better - sometimes ...............cheaper (short term) almost never.

I say short term as a 'cheap' intial purchase can cost you the initial saving (and often a lot more) in a short space of time, so the bit more expensive car can be a better buy........

Saying all this i'd look for the cheaper ebay/autotrader private ads and just be careful and patient and you should pickup a good AND cheap/reasonably priced one.

Your budget will get you a very good NA with ease, it may bag you a ok/nice/satisfactory TT but you need to be more careful that its all fine/together and has no nasty surprises waiting for you.......:)

thanks scooter, nice 2 get some feed bk off another supra fan.

any ideas on what to look for when viewing a turbo or none turbo supra????

thanks

junior

Guest junior
Mine is for sale.. will sell her for 3k to anyone in the club... 3.5 to anyone outside of the club! :)

nice1, what yr/mileage/service history etc is it mate. :)

junior

Guest junior
You should get a nice NA for well under 3k and keep the extra 1k+ to make it your own. If I were you and had definate plans for a TT next summer I would spend 2-2.5k on a nice NA and spend the extra on mods you could carry over to the TT next year like some nice recaro seats or a set of rims. Just a thought.

Good luck.

cheers, didnt look at it like that. so hopefully in a couple of weeks i wont only be a supra fan, ile be an owner aswell lol

junior

thanks

junior

If it's an NA, just make the usual checks - it's been serviced regularly, no significant marks in the bodywork, no sign of accident damage, if anything looks out of place or in less than good condition make further checks. Also make sure you do a bimta check on the car if it's an import (which will always be the case for an NA).

TT's are a whole other matter, especially if modified. If you don't know your way round one, get someone along who does to come with you.

The same rules apply to these as much as any car purchase - buyer beware.

PS: please stop the txt speak, it is not welcome here

thanks

junior

nice1, what yr/mileage/service history etc is it mate. :)

junior

Did I or did I not say no more text speak? We don't like it on here. I don't know if they like it over at Tumbleweed but you'll be able to find out if you don't start using proper English.