The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*Possible* n/a manifold group buy...

Dave_SZ-R

Ive been looking into getting a performance manifold for my 97 n/a for a while now, and from what Ive heard, Nic has supplied some high quality ones in the past.

He doesnt have any available at the moment, though he would look into having some made up if afew members showed interest.

The manifold replaces the stock one as well as replacing the 1st cat too.

Anyone interested in this then speak up!

Here are some pics sent to myself by Nic (no doubt posted on here before!):

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

man4.jpg

man6.jpg

how mutch and what bhp will it give

Not sure how much Nic will be looking for, he didnt give me a price as I think hes waiting to see if there is sufficient interest. Dont know how many horsepowers and torques (thankyou Top Gear) itll give you, not many probably! That said, tuning-wise for the n/a Supra a good manifold and decat are supposed to be the best way to go (and losing weight ofcourse).

I made this thread to show whether or not people will be interested, its obviously up to Nic what happens if we get loads of interest, so any n/a owners who fancy this then speak up!

Not sure how much Nic will be looking for, he didnt give me a price as I think hes waiting to see if there is sufficient interest. Dont know how many horsepowers and torques (thankyou Top Gear) itll give you, not many probably! That said, tuning-wise for the n/a Supra a good manifold and decat are supposed to be the best way to go (and losing weight ofcourse).

I made this thread to show whether or not people will be interested, its obviously up to Nic what happens if we get loads of interest, so any n/a owners who fancy this then speak up!

Yes it's definately the best mod to do for a little more response from the NA. It could give around 15bhp depending on the individual car. Sounds great too.

Nic used to quote 8-15 hp IIRC.

Well, at the mo Im thinking this manifold, paired with a '2nd' decat and my Apexi induction kit on the way from Conncl (I know it gives no extra power, but itll sound nice!) should liven things up a bit.

Any extra horses will be great, but you cant look for too much extra with an n/a, Im not spending a fortune on it, if anything I may look at clutches/ flywheels in the next year or so (possible ECU, brakes, erm....) but thats it.

Guest Budz86

I'm interested as my exhaust is next on the hitlist, although not sure if I should just get a full system. What else can be bolted on to this to give a full system?

I'm interested as my exhaust is next on the hitlist, although not sure if I should just get a full system. What else can be bolted on to this to give a full system?

Any NA spec cat back (first cat) exhaust system would give you a fully decatted exhaust system. Then all you need to be is on a first name basis with your MOT guy;).Or if you want to hold onto your second cat then fit whatever system you want from there back.

(sell your rims yet?):eyebrows:

Guest CrazyA64

Yeah, when mines back in the next few months I'll be looking at exhaust/manifold etc as my first point of call so put me down and keep me posted on prices bud.

1, P 17eed

2,DodgyRog

3, Dave SZ-R

4 dave

5 Crazy A 64

To get full straight through system you would need manifold, second decat pipe and cat back exhaust.

Manifold

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2921/man1jpg.jpg

2nd Decat Pipe

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7987/picture1c.png

Catback Exhaust

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3125/imgp0271.jpg