The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help with some future settings!

trinitom

Hi people

Need some help with some settings I want perform in my car!

I have sz-r 5 spd j-spec tt conversion.

After fail my mot because the cat wasn't fitted, now I have to fit one to get this sorted!

the car is fully decated with RR, and set to about 1.0 bar by manual boost control!

I'm thinking after the cat installed live it like that, and run stock boost using the blitz boost control!

I want to know if will be possible to raise the boost pressure at MAX. 1.0 bar safely with the cat in?

Do I have to change sparks to standard specs or do anything else, since the car will be running most of the time at stock boost?

Any help or advise welcome!

Thanks..;)

You should be able to get through the MOT with just the second cat fitted. You can then decide whether to remove after the test or leave it fitted and raise to 1bar using the boost controller. If you do leave the 2nd cat fitted, you could try removing the restrictor ring and see what base boost the car makes, you may find the restriction of the second cat limits the boost to a safe level without the need for the RR.

If you do run with the second cat fitted, then I would recommend fitting an EGT gauge to monitor exhaust temps, but you should be okay at 1bar I would think.

If you have already been running 1bar with the spark plugs you have okay, then there should be no need to change them.

Incidentally when was the Oxygen sensor last renewed? That could be the reason for the emissions failure. The O2 sensor only has a certain life span, once duff the ECU will default to a rich mixture which will effect emissions and result in poor fuel economy.

You should be able to get through the MOT with just the second cat fitted. You can then decide whether to remove after the test or leave it fitted and raise to 1bar using the boost controller. If you do leave the 2nd cat fitted, you could try removing the restrictor ring and see what base boost the car makes, you may find the restriction of the second cat limits the boost to a safe level without the need for the RR.

If you do run with the second cat fitted, then I would recommend fitting an EGT gauge to monitor exhaust temps, but you should be okay at 1bar I would think.

If you have already been running 1bar with the spark plugs you have okay, then there should be no need to change them.

Incidentally when was the Oxygen sensor last renewed? That could be the reason for the emissions failure. The O2 sensor only has a certain life span, once duff the ECU will default to a rich mixture which will effect emissions and result in poor fuel economy.

i will need the cat fitted anyway to pass the mot, they want the cat there!

there is a strong smell of fuel coming from exhaust is well, probably o2 like you say!

About boost again, if I get stock boost with 1st cat in can I run 1.0 bar max safely?

thanks