The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra prices again

lexsum

They guy who brought my 6speed tt off me in september sold it the other day for £5500.

Sounds like he obviously couldn’t afford to run it then so he sold it cheap to get some money back asap.

Such a shame when this happens :(

It brings the whole range down in value as people buy them and then realise they are too expensive to run, then they just give in and sell them off for less money cos they need to reduce their petrol costs quickly.

I mean i know its a "older" car but so is the R33 Gtr and thats still fetching good money... the reason....the sellers dont want to sell them at the current market price, we should do the same.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

indeed i agree , they do need to go up in price ,, but after june as im getting mine in june lol

its a shame because at the price they are now it seems like anybody with arms and legs can buy one (mainly chavs) . i always thought supras were rare but during the last year there have been lots for sale.

whens it gunna end !! soon they will be going for under 1k :(

i went to look at it today, it had power steering problems and it was missfiring.

since then he has text me saying that the missfire had been fixed, was due to go again on saturday to have another look but he text me saying its sold :(

i went to look at it today, it had power steering problems and it was missfiring.

since then he has text me saying that the missfire had been fixed, was due to go again on saturday to have another look but he text me saying its sold :(

I've seen a few silver N/A auto Supra's advertised for that money and less in the last month so won't be long before another comes along. Just look how much this black TT sold for today..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160318364939&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Guest supraboi

yes its redicolous because some 17 year old idiot boy racer just passed his test could spend £3800 and go kill himself and thats another supra to the scrappies.on a more happier note how much does a supra skin you on petrol every week roughly thanks

please post how much you have spent on petrol and how many miles you've done thanks.im hoping to get apprenticeship as a mechanic will i be able to afford one of these baby's?

yes its redicolous because some 17 year old idiot boy racer just passed his test could spend £3800 and go kill himself and thats another supra to the scrappies.on a more happier note how much does a supra skin you on petrol every week roughly thanks

please post how much you have spent on petrol and how many miles you've done thanks.im hoping to get apprenticeship as a mechanic will i be able to afford one of these baby's?

Not at all! insurance alone will take your wages i was an apprentice at Fiat, 400 a month i was on! Been qualified 2 years now and only bought my supra last sunday at 21 years old ,I have gone through 70 quids worth of petrol already ! And i cant really say any part of my driving has been "enthusiastic" due to having to get through the month with pennies due to having to pay for the car and insurance! Mine is a non turbo aswell so not as thirsty as the TT! Although this is going to change in the next couple months ! :D

Dude when you drive frugal the TT is better on the juice than the NA is even at BPU. FWIW I do over £60 a week on diesel at 50 mpg a week. I do about £30 a week on gas in the rangey (or the wife does on the school and shopping run) and I burn about £30-40 at weekends offroading :) nobody can truthfully say I don't do my bit for the world economy :D

From a personal point of view the cheap supra prices are great, more numpties get hold of them, crash them which equals a competitive market for spare parts :D

If you think the Supra has dropped, you should check out the Aristo market.. a potential gold mine of engines and other parts, which few exploit.. at the moment.

Mine is a non turbo aswell so not as thirsty as the TT!

The TT at BPU level will give the same, if not better mpg than an NA - unless you have a lead foot. Driving carefully I could get 30mpg out of my old 6spd over a tank of fuel.