The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Even more fuel pump ecu confusion

mikeyb10supra

Right, now I am really confused.....on the back of this thread here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=177714 I sourced a new fuel pump ecu and installed it on the car, went out, fitted it and it fired up perfect with no issues. I have just been out in the car with new ECU fitted and was driving off boost perfectly whilst the engine got up to temprature, sitting at the lights and give it a bit more gas to get away quickly and all of a sudden, jolt, jolt, jolt, jolt, warning lights on and car stalls, lost all power steering and luckily reacted quick enough to catch the steering and pull safetly over. tried firing up the car again and now this new ECU is acting the same as the old one ie starting ok then stalling so I take it this new one is now fluffed as well :thumbdown: luckily I had a the loop of wire I used to bypass the ecu, so I could get home, but I am still none the wiser as to why these ECUs keep failing. It also seems to have died on me when I gave it the beans and it has attempted to switch over from 9v to 12v operation

Is it really that bad to run the damn thing with a constant 12v as its very quickly starting to get on my nerves

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

• 1 year later...