The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash: Need a place to fix the car - Warwickshire

JohnnyBoy

Hi all,

Had a slight mishap last night on a roundabout, buckled a wheel and cracked a bumper... =(

Notified my insurance company that directed me to their approved garage.

The thing is, it's a Volk wheel and a Ridox bumper!

I can bet they're gonna kick up a fuss about the wheel and where to get it from and end up getting one with the wrong width and offset. Regarding the bumper I'd bet they haven't even heard the brand name...

Making a fibreglass bumper fit properly sometimes requires craft and doing the colour matching may also take some skill...

I'm freaking out a bit and I'm aware of it, probably seeing monsters where there aren't any... but you all have Supras and I'm sure you know how I feel.

Can anyone recomend a trustworthy place in the warwickshire area where I can get my car fixed?

Any advice? Pretty please?

Thanks guys!

Edited by JohnnyBoy (see edit history)

You don't have to take it to their approved repairers, you have the right to go anywhere ;)

Yeah, I know. I just need a place I can trust... That's the reason for the thread.

I guess I need to make that a bit more obvious then! =P

Editing post...

I've got like for like on my parts...

An original Ridox bumper costs around 800 pounds from what I've seen, and I don't want to be repairing a forged wheel... It's not going to be a cheap repair and I want to have it done properly. Just need a trustworthy place!

Thanks!