The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JapNorthWest meet at Mascrat Manor is back!

Paul R

Hi,

We have organised the meets again on the second monday of every month. We are going back to Mascrat Manor!! Next one is the 09/03/09.

If you would like to attend then see the thread below:

http://www.japnorthwest.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5719

You will need to sign upto the forum and put down your reg number. This is to stop boy racers and unwanted cars turning up and spoiling it for everyone!

Cheers,

Paul.

I'll see you all there.....:sly:

:D

It's a shame because the venue was spot on in the good old days 3-4 years ago.

Didn't they try the reg thing last time? limiting the space for the meet to just the back end. Was a bit of a shambles.

I won't have my car back before then but if it goes well then next month :)

here we go again, I just can't see it happening at mascrat. It's tried and failed too many times :(

It ran for 6 years and failed once!

You might not be able to see it happening at mascrat but it is! We are getting more support from the pub this time. And last time the reg number idea was a great success!

Paul.

It ran for 6 years and failed once!

You might not be able to see it happening at mascrat but it is! We are getting more support from the pub this time. And last time the reg number idea was a great success!

Paul.

I counted twice :innocent:

P.s, i'm all for Mascrat if it works, it's a great venue as long as the pub stop being arses about it

I counted twice :innocent:

P.s, i'm all for Mascrat if it works, it's a great venue as long as the pub stop being arses about it

The pub stopped all meets once and that was the last time we went there.

There is a new area manager and new general manager. They are communicating and co-ordinating properly with us this time. I'm hoping things will be much different!

Paul.

The pub stopped all meets once and that was the last time we went there.

There is a new area manager and new general manager. They are communicating and co-ordinating properly with us this time. I'm hoping things will be much different!

Paul.

Sounds encouraging!! I counted numerous failures, there were two before I stopped going....;) I would love to give this another go as it was a great meet in it's day and it seems like that fat troll of a lying manager is long gone.

Shame that I play footie on Monday evenings now......:rolleyes:

H.

Sounds encouraging!! I counted numerous failures, there were two before I stopped going....;) I would love to give this another go as it was a great meet in it's day and it seems like that fat troll of a lying manager is long gone.

Shame that I play footie on Monday evenings now......:rolleyes:

H.

A meet hasnt been missed until we stopped altogether? you sure they were JNW meets?

We go in a bit of trouble in the summer when 250+ cars turned up our of the blue and the pub made a complete mess of it!.....but I cant think of anything else?

Paul.

A meet hasnt been missed until we stopped altogether? you sure they were JNW meets?

We go in a bit of trouble in the summer when 250+ cars turned up our of the blue and the pub made a complete mess of it!.....but I cant think of anything else?

Paul.

Was that the occasion where the Police turned up and started going mad on booking people for small number plates?? I have never recognised the JNW meets to be honest so I don't know when they started. I started going through this club.

I remember the time before that being a bit of a disaster too, something about refusing to serve food or something. I know after I stopped going there were a couple of meets where there were refusals to be served etc.

Shame really, as a meet gets more successful, the dickhead element will always come out of the woodwork.....:rolleyes:

H.

Its a bit irrelevant for me at the moment cause i don't have a car :( but I'm still a bit annoyed after being turned away last time with the whole no food thing after being told everything had been sorted and it wouldn't be a problem etc etc! I really doubt it will ever get back to the days were its was a lively meet unfortunately :(

And also if they are doing the reg thing does that mean that they will have someone on the gate turning cars away? Just out of interest who approached who? I.e. did Mascrat get back in touch or did you go back to them?

I am feeling the same as Rob to be honest.

I work in Manchester and in order to go to Mascrat have to come home and then go back, not something I mind when I can get some tea, but the last time at Mascrat we weren't even allowed a drink.

Then we followed to The Noggin. The first meet we were all told that they weren't expecting us (so we waited ages for our tea) but we gave it the benefit of the doubt and came back the month after, only to be told that they wouldn't serve anyone from the car club.

I know this is not your fault Paul but it's just difficult to get excited about this now, I hope it works and will probably pop along to support it but if it fails again i'm giving up.

I am feeling the same as Rob to be honest.

I work in Manchester and in order to go to Mascrat have to come home and then go back, not something I mind when I can get some tea, but the last time at Mascrat we weren't even allowed a drink.

Then we followed to The Noggin. The first meet we were all told that they weren't expecting us (so we waited ages for our tea) but we gave it the benefit of the doubt and came back the month after, only to be told that they wouldn't serve anyone from the car club.

I know this is not your fault Paul but it's just difficult to get excited about this now, I hope it works and will probably pop along to support it but if it fails again i'm giving up.

Yeah I agree its not Pauls fault! and wish that it would start up properly again as I feel the monthly meet was what keep things going in the northwest area tbh and other stuff started and was discussed from their but with out it (monthly meet) I can see the NW area slipping further backwards.

Yeah I agree its not Pauls fault! and wish that it would start up properly again as I feel the monthly meet was what keep things going in the northwest area tbh and other stuff started and was discussed from their but with out it (monthly meet) I can see the NW area slipping further backwards.

100% agree with that Rob, wee need a monthly meet even if its not a mugsrat :D

We came up to the one where they were checking number plates and booking people who had parked outside on the grass verges...one of us had a small plate so we didnt leave till late:innocent:

Im sure the lads from down here would be interested in coming again if they can organise it better:)

J

To answer a few questions.

The meet was cancelled at Mascrat before the day of the meet. We tried to post and get the word around but obviously not all people got the message.

Then everything was sorted out at the noggin inn...........and the first meet went well. When we turned up for the second meet, the manager had been sacked and a new manager had been appointed. He did refuse to serve food until I spoke to him and sorted it out on the day of the meet.

We then had to stop the meet at the noggin inn as some locals complained and the police threatened action against the pub unless he stopped the meet.

One of the members off of JNW happened to be talking to the manager at Mascrat who said they would be happy for us to come back as their circumstances had changed. So i've been in contact with them and sorted it out.

For those who dont know, ALL meets were banned at all pubs in the mascrat chain(brewsters i think) by the area manager. The area manager is no longer there and the general manager now runs Mascrat exclusively(where as she ran two pubs before) and the old duty manager is no longer there.

The meets were cancelled at mascrat because some idiot nearly ran a little kid over by the Whacky Warehouse and the parents complained. It turns out that it wasnt even at a JNW meet!

So for JNW we are going to keep reg numbers of people who want to attend and the club will also sign an document at the end of the night to say there was no trouble/complaints for that date. If there are any problems with other clubs after this then we are covered and they will know it wasnt our meet that caused a problem.

Anyway I'm rambling now! Hope all that makes sense!

Paul.

To answer a few questions.

The meet was cancelled at Mascrat before the day of the meet. We tried to post and get the word around but obviously not all people got the message.

Then everything was sorted out at the noggin inn...........and the first meet went well. When we turned up for the second meet, the manager had been sacked and a new manager had been appointed. He did refuse to serve food until I spoke to him and sorted it out on the day of the meet.

We then had to stop the meet at the noggin inn as some locals complained and the police threatened action against the pub unless he stopped the meet.

One of the members off of JNW happened to be talking to the manager at Mascrat who said they would be happy for us to come back as their circumstances had changed. So i've been in contact with them and sorted it out.

For those who dont know, ALL meets were banned at all pubs in the mascrat chain(brewsters i think) by the area manager. The area manager is no longer there and the general manager now runs Mascrat exclusively(where as she ran two pubs before) and the old duty manager is no longer there.

The meets were cancelled at mascrat because some idiot nearly ran a little kid over by the Whacky Warehouse and the parents complained. It turns out that it wasnt even at a JNW meet!

So for JNW we are going to keep reg numbers of people who want to attend and the club will also sign an document at the end of the night to say there was no trouble/complaints for that date. If there are any problems with other clubs after this then we are covered and they will know it wasnt our meet that caused a problem.

Anyway I'm rambling now! Hope all that makes sense!

Paul.

This sounds encouraging. Shame it's on a Monday night otherwise I would have attended and given my support. I am all in favour of weedling out the undesirables that ruin it for everyone else..!!

Good luck!

H.

I would think they do.

On average around 100 cars attended every month........so say 2 people per car, thats 200 potential customers. Around 50 people used to eat in the pub and a lot of people had a drink..........thats a lot of profit they lost out on.........thats an average night!

When the meet was at it's peak, there were a lot more cars..

So I think they do need us :)

Paul.