The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Diff?

gt4tosupra

which diff would i want for drifting? not serious track drifting mind, just spirited fast road occasional tail out fun! still not bought a supra yet, i'm after an NA manual, SZ or SZ R i'm guessin, but which diff as i keep hearing different things about the standard diff or lsd?

One of the cheap Jap plate types allows you to change the ramp angles to allow 1.5 or 2 way (as the Japs call it) operation. It may be a Cusco. I have one for now in my Skyline, but it's very agricultural. Price is good though. I am fairly sure they list one for the JZA80 casings, or at least one of them. One of those should be fine. You may be able to shim it up even tighter if you wanted.

cheers guys! think ive seen the diff your talkin about on envys website! will firstly go for an SZ tho with the torsen diff as a start. also, how much more power would get to the wheels if fitted with a carbon fibre propshaft?

50bhp.

Not sure on the power but do you know how much it would cost to get one made?

Would be pointless IMO

Titan do them, $1770.

Not completely pointless but probably one of the last things you'd look at on a drag monster when trying to shave a tenth off your time rather than a base mod on an NA.

Titan do them, $1770.

Not completely pointless but probably one of the last things you'd look at on a drag monster when trying to shave a tenth off your time rather than a base mod on an NA.

yep your probably right there! i was trying to think outside the box! get more of the 225bhp to the wheels instead of playing with the engine! i havent even got a Supe yet! still need to sell the gt4!

Just buy a twin turbo, you are already talking of modding an N/A before you even have it. It'll be infinitely cheaper to buy a TT rather than mess with the very expensive to tune N/A.

i know what your saying but for now i want to get an NA to avoid the bigger bills with the TT, ie insurance, fuel, and possible repairs! also, i havent driven RWD for 5 years now, so dont wanna rush into a 320bhp TT!

cheers guys! think ive seen the diff your talkin about on envys website! will firstly go for an SZ tho with the torsen diff as a start. also, how much more power would get to the wheels if fitted with a carbon fibre propshaft?

So let it begin:

http://www.thesunextras.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=290&g2_serialNumber=9

i know what your saying but for now i want to get an NA to avoid the bigger bills with the TT, ie insurance, fuel, and possible repairs! also, i havent driven RWD for 5 years now, so dont wanna rush into a 320bhp TT!

Insurance is normally cheaper on the TT, the MPG is pretty much the same give or take a few mpg. Running costs can be higher, but thats only if it's a dog or if something major goes wrong (VSOS or turbos being the most comon). A nice stock TT need not cost more than an NA to run.

• 1 month later...