The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na - tt

RobD

I know there was a project log done by a member showing his progress through the whole process but for the life of me cant find it any where, I tried different searches but nothing! Can anyone remember or give a link to this as i want to do a little research now i've decided to defiantly keep my supra! :)!

Thanks

With a mate and a decent engine hoist 2 days is plenty. Good luck with it :)

Just pay attention to the bit about the fuse box connects, they are a PITA to get right if you are not prepared.

Thats the only bit thats a bit concerning but to be fair that project log is very good so hopefully no problem (fingers crossed) :)

Good luck Rob_boi with the work..

Also dibbleyuk done his own conversion and went BPU at the same time, sure if you have any questions give him a PM and sure he will be able to help!

Mine is in being done at the moment.. can't wait!

I have a 5 speed manual at the moment, I've heard that they can take upto 400bhp aswell which is more than enough to keep me entertained! I was thinking about a LSD also but didn't know whether or not they do a LSD for a 5 speed or if a 6 speed LSD would mate with a 5 speed , haven't really looked into yet to be fair! Main priority at the moment though is to get the key marks sorted from my bonnet that someone kindly left there yesterday (Day after i bought it!) , and a few other things sorted before i go down the TT route!

I'm keeping the stock flywheel and going for a RPS max street i think it was me and Mr Whiffin was talking about , it has been recommended by a few na-tt owners aswell! I want to get bigger wheels and get a set of coilovers before i get the conversion done and some better brakes! One thing that concerns me is my current gearbox has done 90 odd k ! Whats the usually life expectancy on a 5 speed box? And do you think it will be worth getting a box with less miles? I would like a 6 speed box but can justify spending the money they cost if the 5 speed box would be able to cope!

Being in a similar position the last few months, from what I've found it's best to just leave it stock boost and use the 5 spd with the uprated clutch. It's fairly tried and tested and very few have had major issues that way. BPU will be pushing the box a little bit, so it might be a best option to just run it stock until you can go to the next level properly.

If you're coming from an NA I'm sure the TT will be more than enough to fulfill your power needs for this year :D

Just don't get drawn into the BPU thing (as good as it is) as it could mess up the rest of your car as the drivetrain simply isn't strong enough to handle the torque. Enjoy it as it is and do things the right way is all the advice I can add.

Being in a similar position the last few months, from what I've found it's best to just leave it stock boost and use the 5 spd with the uprated clutch. It's fairly tried and tested and very few have had major issues that way. BPU will be pushing the box a little bit, so it might be a best option to just run it stock until you can go to the next level properly.

If you're coming from an NA I'm sure the TT will be more than enough to fulfill your power needs for this year :D

Just don't get drawn into the BPU thing (as good as it is) as it could mess up the rest of your car as the drivetrain simply isn't strong enough to handle the torque. Enjoy it as it is and do things the right way is all the advice I can add.

If i was to change the box in the future what else would i need except the 6 speed box and prop?

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking, another thing that im unsure about is my exhaust is an aftermarket one , its a cat back , will i have trouble matching this up to the new system? And if i wanted to decat it in the future what sort of problems would i be looking at (if any)?

if your using a J-spec engine i would have thought that will be ok, i still have the N/a mid section of the exhast in there,

With regards to the 5-speed box, it will be ok to BPU there are plenty of people out there doing it, (Myself shortly to be included just need a boost controller now) there a few people putting 500bhp through the 5-speed, don't think its wise from what i've read but that is at its limit

If you do have a FMIC it would be a hell of a lot easier to do it now while your putting the engine in, as you already have the bumper off and you'll be able to take the front impact bar out

I dont have one at the moment but would be easier in the long run! What decats are you using? And if i did decide to put a 6 speed box in the after a while what would i need to convert from a 5 to a 6? Obviously the box an prop, would the diff have to be changed?

Are you going to fit the additional differential bush on the rear sub frame? If not i highly recommend you do this. I didn't do it on mine for the first couple of months of driving it and i suffered from really bad wheel hop as for the added torque, which completed ruined the driving experience.

Anything that it needs it'll get done ! What mount is this? Does it attached to the back of the diff and attaches to the subframe? And is it a major job to fit or should it have fixing points already there? Also has there been any other issues since you added the TT engine? I apologise for all the questions lol , just want to get a full picture of everything that needs to be done!