The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is anyone interested in a new Chris Wilson SMIC?

SteveC

I contacted Chris a few weeks ago and he said that he would really need at least three people interested who were prepared to put down a £200 deposit. He didn't give me a multi-order price at the time.

I guess the more orders, the better the price may be - and it would of course depend on his suppliers. He did mention that a one-off order (if that was possible) would probably be around £800.

I thought it may be worth a thread as there is some interest in a CW SMIC in the 'Parts wanted' thread.

Steve.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interested in one of these if the price is right.

Looks like it could be the start of a list then... and I'd be prepared to put down a non-refundable £200 deposit if, as you say, 'the price is right'. :)

1. SteveC

I don't think there is latest date really.

I'm not in a desperate rush and Jsy_Guy would like to leave it until the end of the month anyway. This month, next month - I don't mind.

We need at least one more on the list for Chris to get a price - any more than 3 and it may well bring the price down a bit further.

They will be over £680, but how much over I won't know until Thursday night...

Over! Hopefully not too much over!! :)

Seriously though, if anyone is thinking about one of these then I'd just bear in mind two things:

1. There's always the possibility that they may not be available again - due to suppliers, insufficient interest, or possibly Chris just not wanting to bother again.

2. It is extremely unlikely they'll get any cheaper - unless there's a crash in the value of the Euro! From March '03 until June '08 they've steadily increased in price from £520 up to £680.

Give it some serious thought... and this is well worth a read if you're thinking a FMIC is always the best option.

Over! Hopefully not too much over!! :)

Seriously though, if anyone is thinking about one of these then I'd just bear in mind two things:

1. There's always the possibility that they may not be available again - due to suppliers, insufficient interest, or possibly Chris just not wanting to bother again.

2. It is extremely unlikely they'll get any cheaper - unless there's a crash in the value of the Euro! From March '03 until June '08 they've steadily increased in price from £520 up to £680.

Give it some serious thought... and this is well worth a read if you're thinking a FMIC is always the best option.

Will you leave me alone, I'm already buckling :D

Mike

There's a thread here that mentions using the CW SMIC with some fairly hefty BHP.

I was quoted £800 for a OEM SMIC from a local Toyota dealer. That price included a bit of discount - but that was without any haggling from me! I'm pretty sure I could have got that price down by a good few quid. :)

I think Toyota's standard book price for a SMIC is around £1000.

Whats the difference of the CW SMIC compared to the stock OEM one? Will the CW support at small single install? (I don't know the price of a new OEM SMIC. It's probably not far off CW's price)

Look at Wez's car, that will give you an idea of what it can do :eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1016

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Link (see edit history)