The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(!) symbol in the dash

SteveR

What can the exclamation mark on it's own (no other dash lights) mean?

Low brake fluid?

Low brake pad level?

Anything else?

I know things are slightly muddled as I have a standalone ECU, but at te tail end of t trackday yesterday the (!) light came on a few times and went away again. When I toned down my attack level the light never came back on (nor did it on the 10 mile drive home) so that suggests brake fluid level to me.

TIA.

Oil has it's own lights.

Only if they are working :D .

I had this, it turned out my oil low warning light didn't work, so I just had the :Pling: up on the dash... It turned out that the oil wasn't even low, I had knocked the bottom of the sump and dislodged the sensor.

BTW I'm not talking about the big red triangle, but the little (!) symbol in the warning lights cluster on the passenger side of the dash (facelift if that makes any difference).

It's not doors/seatbelt as they have they're own lights too.

I'm pretty sure it'll be brake fluid level

I forgot to say, I did do this and all the lights that should work, do work. :)

I also double-checked the oil level (for the 20th time that day) just in case.

Like you say then, it may be the brake's. My mkiii done the same thing when the pads got low, i've not had the mkiv do it, but as it's the "newer" model, it will probably have the same feature.

Like you say then, it may be the brake's. My mkiii done the same thing when the pads got low, i've not had the mkiv do it, but as it's the "newer" model, it will probably have the same feature.

I'd be surprised....ish if the pads have got low already but then again they've been to the ring and done 2 tracks days that were hard on brakes now... fluid is probably the one as I had to take a ~50ml out when I fitted all 4 pads new last year.

Does the little (!) on it's own report anthing else then, people?

Do you have an active spoiler??

If so it may not be deploying or there is a fault with it.

Try pressing the down button on the active spoiler control and see if it goes out.

Edit ignore this ... just noticed you said its not the master warning light in the middle of the rev counter.....

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)