The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this normal??!!

trinitom

Hi people

Just a quick question!

I’m new to all this turbo things, I have my 1 st supe for about one week, fully decated, greedy fcd, uprated fuel pump, and manual boost controller !

On the dash I have a small boost pressure indicator and reads 20~30 inHg in idle speed, as son I hit the pedal the boost go to

0~5 inHg!

Is that normal?

Thanks…

??:(

I feel your pain, it's unacceptable that there aren't people around between 2am and 8am to answer this kind of question, you should ask for your money back.

So are you saying that the boost drops when you accelerate?

What does the boost peak at when driving?

Are you sure there isn't a tiny minus symbol somewhere?

Is that the only boost gauge in the car?

If you switch the ignition on without starting the engine it should show zero on the gauge.

If you start it up and let it idle it will show a negative pressure as the engine is sucking air in from the inlet manifold.

If you rev it up the turbo's will start to push air into the inlet manifold , the needle on the gauge will move from a negative pressure, past zero and will show a positive pressure, the final positive pressure is obviously dependent on how far you put your right foot down.

A stock car under full boost will give approx 0.8bar or 23 inHg

A BPU modified car under full boost, most of us limit it to 1.2bar or 35inHg.

If you switch the ignition on without starting the engine it should show zero on the gauge.

If you start it up and let it idle it will show a negative pressure as the engine is sucking air in from the inlet manifold.

If you rev it up the turbo's will start to push air into the inlet manifold , the needle on the gauge will move from a negative pressure, past zero and will show a positive pressure, the final positive pressure is obviously dependent on how far you put your right foot down.

A stock car under full boost will give approx 0.8bar or 23 inHg

A BPU modified car under full boost, most of us limit it to 1.2bar or 35inHg.

remembering my ol' turbo days :(, do you not need a load on to get the boost up? ie need to be in gear, throttle down and rolling?

I feel your pain, it's unacceptable that there aren't people around between 2am and 8am to answer this kind of question, you should ask for your money back.

So are you saying that the boost drops when you accelerate?

What does the boost peak at when driving?

Are you sure there isn't a tiny minus symbol somewhere?

Is that the only boost gauge in the car?

michael,

I am finding it hard to donate to ban you as I'll miss these damn funny replies.. :D

Paul.

:taped:

is it not the vacume? then you go on boost?????

its starts off at a high number, then counts down till you get on boost, then it goes past zero and then counts up.

is that not it?????

You need to sell your SZ.

BTW what's an LSD diff?

Is it like an ATM machine or a DVD disc?

its starts off at a high number, then counts down till you get on boost, then it goes past zero and then counts up.

is that not it?????

yes, I just noticed this afternoon that the gauge reads in vacuum!

so it starts at 20/25 at idle, and when I’m driving it goes down to 0~5

I presume this is normal!:taped:

If not correct-me please!!