The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do? Sell it or Keep it..

Fox

Im in a pickle,

I have not been well for a long time and my supra has been parked up for little over a year.... Yes.... over a year with out moving or having the key turned... Having had my medical ban lifted on Thursday of last week I made the trip today to uncover it and see my old friend.

Anyway, two flat tyres and a dead battery and alot of condensation realy put a dampener on things. It was a real let down, the whole car will need a real good clean inside and out. She was spotless when i left her but i guess the car cover was a bad idear concidering the condencation inside the car.....

I was planing all last year to go single but now im thinking im waisting my time. I could sell my car and put some extra funds and buy another supra with all the bits and bobs. I don’t need to sell my car, im just trying to find out what is the best way of doing things?

any advice would be a help...:search:

Buying one already done is always cheaper but you need to make sure you find one that is well taken care of.

If you can get a good price for yours then sell and start again with the single.

Have you seen the classifieds, John d mkiv's supra looks nice for the money.

What condition was the car in before the year? Was she a good runner? No problems? If she was a good car before she was mothballed for a year I'd sat trailer her to a good garage and have her thoroughly checked over and serviced and just enjoy her again. Better the devil you know sometimes!

Before parking her up the car was in great shape. Reliability, been all over Ireland in the car and never once give any cause for concern. I know the car will scrub up again. But I'm thinking of the money factor, breaks, single turbo kit, engine management, labour costs, Tuning, engin rebuild, Body kit, paint.

I think in a month or so there will be a UK TT man for sale, and new car winging in from Japan…….

But I’m not sure, I was going to sell the car 8 months ago and I could not do it….. Maybe I’ll have to get an account from harrys and get some “Overnight parts from Japan”

Clean her up and have a play for a while! I take it you haven't driven for a year? Surely a Supra would be a beast to get used to again in itself! Who know's what could have worn on the car while she's been sitting there. Get her cleaned up and checked over, make sure she's running sweet, then see how you feel :)

Doesn't sound like too much of a problem if you ask me. Give it a good service filters, fluids and belts, charge and test the battery, pump up and check the tyres. Maybe be worth getting hold of a dehumidifier to get rid of a lot of the moisture build up inside the car.

After that give it a clean up and the go for a blast out on the roads, she'll be good as new ;)