The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why does it feel like its being restricted

toyotasupra1980

I need some help here guys, everytime i boot it and it goes into second turbo its spools up then shuts down then spools up, only does it when going past 80mph tho, feels like the wheels lose traction but its not, like i am hitting the limiter, but i am able to do 140 on the clock, do i need a fuel cut defender or what? :search:

does it do it at the same speed all the time,

it could be fuel cut, but thats at 112mph, usually 120-125 on the speedo clock

dont think the turbo pipe is split, when i do like a 30-70 the 2nd turbo comes in fine, its only when i go full throttle at 100% when going 80mph, but when i go easy like 80% throttle its fine, i am guessing that the ecu is abit confused with the amount of air fuel ratio and mapping or needs a fuel cut defender.

I had the same problem it feels like the turbo is catching its breath then the power comes back It tuned out to be a dodgy de limiter that was fitted changed it for the thor de limiter and it transformed the car

oh ok, that sound more like it, turbo's and everything is ok, there are no leaking of fluids, no lights have come on on the dash,does my head that i cant go 100% full throttle from 80mph onwards without the supra thinking what the hell shall i do as soon as the 2nd turbo kicks in, will get the stupid de-limiter sorted when i get the car back from the bodyshop in 17 days.

This sounds like a pretty serious issue, no minor one will cause this without screwing up some aspect of the drivetrain or engine. Do you have a boost, AFR or EGT gauge? If so, can you provide some information about what you are seeing when the poor performance occurs?

This sounds like a pretty serious issue, no minor one will cause this without screwing up some aspect of the drivetrain or engine. Do you have a boost, AFR or EGT gauge? If so, can you provide some information about what you are seeing when the poor performance occurs?

no i dont have a boost gauge,will get one sorted soon, already called my local performance garage, they say that it is probably one of the pipes have come loose,and that when i boot it from 80mph onwards the high pressure is going out instead of going to the engine.

but i do have an afc neo control, if that helps, basicly 2nd turbo comes in at just over 4000rpm as usual, its probably a fault that needs sorting, other than that the car runs perfectly fine, gear box is fine.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)