The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New suspension

AndrewOW

A big thank you to Garfy for fitting my new suspension today. :)

I needed new rear shocks, as one had been knocking for quite some time, and so I bought a pair of 'budget' KYB gas-a-just shocks, which Garfy kindly installed for me just over a week ago.

I was really impressed with the instant improvement from the rear of the car.

I have been curious to know how Garfy's car felt like to drive, as he's got uprated shocks and Sard springs, as whenever I've been out with him, his Supra really felt 'planted' and cornered like it was on rails.

After an extended drive I was very impressed with the handling, and so I decided I wanted something similar for mine, but as usual I didn't really have the budget for a CW setup, so I decided on another pair of KYBs for the front and an Eibach Pro spring kit to go with it.

To say I'm extremely impressed with the new suspension would be an understatement, as the ride, handling, acceleration and braking have all been instantly improved. :)

I have booked the car in with Wheels in Motion next friday to have it all reset and calibrated, but even now it feels like a whole different car!

As Tony the tiger would say, grrreat!! :eyebrows:

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

You got a link to the new suspension you got? I'm on the hunt for some :D

A big thank you to Garfy for fitting my new suspension today. :)

I needed new rear shocks, as one had been knocking for quite some time, and so I bought a pair of 'budget' KYB gas-a-just shocks, which Garfy kindly installed for me just over a week ago.

I was really impressed with the instant improvement from the rear of the car.

I have been curious to know how Garfy's car felt like to drive, as he's got uprated shocks and Sard springs, as whenever I've been out with him, his Supra really felt 'planted' and cornered like it was on rails.

After an extended drive I was very impressed with the handling, and so I decided I wanted something similar for mine, but as usual I didn't really have the budget for a CW setup, so I decided on another pair of KYBs for the front and an Eibach spring kit to go with it.

To say I'm extremely impressed with the new suspension would be an understatement, as the ride, handling, acceleration and braking have all been instantly improved. :)

I have booked the car in with Wheels in Motion next friday to have it all reset and calibrated, but even now it feels like a whole different car!

As Tony the tiger would say, grrreat!! :eyebrows:

Yeah thats the springs i'm going to go for just wasn't sure on the shocks. How much did the shocks end up costing you then? Vast improvement on before?

Approx £230 for the set including delivery.

I didn't know this, but I already had KYB shocks on the front, which must've been on the car when I bought it, and they'd given me no problems in the (near) 3 years I've had the car, so I assume they are good enough quality to replace the stock shocks etc.

I hope they are good enough to cope with the lowered harder suspension from the new springs too. :)

Guest Garfy

Glad your pleased with it Andrew, I should have got a picture of you sitting in your observation chair :D

do you want me to post up the before and after pictures?

Maybe you should've taken a photo or two. It was getting quite chilly sitting in the 'Director's Chair', but I'm sure I'll get used to it. ;)

I might take some photos now that its all settled, as its about as low as yours now at the front.

It drives brilliantly already too. :)